Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Felpro LIM Gasket? W/ or W/o Pushrod Guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Felpro LIM Gasket? W/ or W/o Pushrod Guides?

Well, my '95 Monte Carlo with the 3100 is leaking coolant into the crankcase again (big surprise), so it looks like it's time to replace the LIM. The first time it happened my dad owned the car and had the work done at a shop. I work at Autozone and I plan on doing this myself, but there are two different gasket sets from Felpro: one set that has pushrod guides and another does not. Which one do I need?
    1995 Monte Carlo LS

do you know the difference between ball and stud type rockers vs rolelr fulcrum? look in your oil ca at a rocker, if they're the newer roller style, you need without guides

Cammed 3400 --> 224whp 210wtq
    Cammed 3500 --> ???
    1 of 5 3500 J-Bodies

Comment

Originally posted by RedBird View Post
      do you know the difference between ball and stud type rockers vs rolelr fulcrum? look in your oil ca at a rocker, if they're the newer roller style, you need without guides
      I'm not sure that I do. Do you have a picture?
      1995 Monte Carlo LS

Comment

Originally posted by RedBird View Post
        I think that's backwards. It says in the item descriptions I have found that the roller rockers got the guide tabs and the ball and pivot ones did not. The ball and pivot ones should have pushrod guides bolted under the rocker studs. I think the roller style has those tabs just to hold the rod in place when assembling and disassembling the engine.

Comment

98004T should the set you want.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
          X