No announcement yet.

Timing chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool thanks i already pulled the balancer and theres no grove or start of a grove and i always soak my chains in valvoline 50wt over night so it gets in it real good plus ive found stp oil additive mixed 50 50 with 50wt works asome and doesnt go any wewre and lock tite man did i learn my leson on that about 12 years ago k boom lol o well live and learn that the point but question ive found to different sets the one you guys have up here is the 3067k i also found a 9-3137 from cloyes they also have one at that sight were they do the strokers cant remeber the site been a ruff day but the 9-3137 is over a 100 bucks do you guys know about this one

Comment

ok found it part c3067k is just a performance link chain set that has been heat treated and stressed relifed which sells for around 40-50 bucks part #9-173 teue roller set which is what i will be ordering price running around 107.99 so here we go time to have fun then ill be ready for the 100 wet shot he he and if it blows ill just have to start on a hybrid oh well which that will be time when i get on my knees on and beg you car gods in here for info and ideas on how to push it further then it has before my lifes moto "thier is no book that says it cant be done"

Comment

Originally posted by 85erbirdie View Post
        im also getting ready to install one of the Cloyes roller set as well considering i have to do the whole water pump to oil pan deal on my car after 6 months of driving before figuring out why it was boiling over but not getting hot then reading up on some of the posts here i felt like Homer Simpson duo just surprised that the ex didn't blow another motor for me while this was going on but tomorrow is the plan yank it apart since the interior is about done to to move to that
        Birdy...

I saw this item on-line and thought that after you did all the conventional stuff, such as replacing the water pump, installing a new thermostat, putting in new AF&H2O and then burping the cooling system when the temps rise enough to open the TS, that perhaps something like this inexpensive digital laser thermometer might help in diagnosing hot spots on the engine. The engine builders here can advise (or discourage) you on the merits (or lack thereof) of its use(s) and perhaps the best places to the point the thing to get the proper readings on and around the engine block:

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

...so here we go time to have fun then ill be ready for the 100 wet shot he he and if it blows ill just have to start on a hybrid oh well which that will be time when i get on my knees on and beg you car gods in here for info and ideas on how to push it further then it has before my lifes moto "their is no book that says it cant be done"
        On the subject of Nitrous Oxide... I have no experience at all...but start with a PM to Robertisaar... and ask for his advice. His knowledge in this area is profound and worth paying attention to... Whatever he suggests will probably help you to avoid "Melting the Motor"
        Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 01-28-2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

ok guys got the cloyes 9-3137 set installed today and it is a very nice tight fit made very well i also advanced the cam 2 degrees due to the 1.6 rato rockers that i have already installed now for some interisting news i also bought a new dampener and yes they due need to be modified it needs more clearnce beteween the crank gear and dampaner and between the cam gear and dampener just grab a die grider and carbide tip and have fun just becarfel oh and the nitrous thing ive played with it for about 6 years now and the only motor that has blown on me is when my students decide to keep the button down after they let go of the throttle after the pull on the dyno but what can you do just a small block chevy no loss their lol but i would still welcome any advise knowledge and personall expeirnce hoping to get enough time to get the car finished tommorow
          Attached Files

Comment

oh and the nitrous thing ive played with it for about 6 years now and the only motor that has blown on me is when my students decide to keep the button down after they let go of the throttle after the pull on the dyno but what can you do just a small block chevy
            Like the book on forced air induction I read some time said about N20 said, "Nitrous doesn't kill engines, stupid people kill engines". I'm not saying your students are stupid, BTW, just quoting the book.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

so true so true and yes there are alot of stupid people out their my favorite saying is "stupidity is not a crime you are free to go" n2o is and can be very reliable when properly set up but their are some tricks you can utilize while boosting with nitrous (all nitrous is is a chemical supercharger once heated to a point were the molicules split increasing compression i love this stuff) that brings the danger zone to a minimum even while bossting up to 150 175 on a stock motor like a water alcahol injection and a timing controller able to retard timing to a safe point also a porameter and yes i didnt teach english lol detecting exhaust temp early is a big saver and thanks i will check out the forced induction section out i have a thing about pushing stock parts to the limit and keeping them together call it crazy call it living on the edge but the feeling of wow its still alive while laughing with ur friends goinig lets do it again is one of a kind "anyone can built a motor anyone can blow a motor but not everyone can keep a motor from blowing" time to have fun today lets see if i can get her on the road today and keep the kids busy with cleaning parts lol o and yes i would call some of those students stupid or slow lol drives you nuts thats why i work for budwieser now but thats what they get when the entrance exam is set at the 5th grade reading level
              Last edited by 85erbirdie; 02-05-2011, 12:51 PM. Reason: me no english spealing

Comment

Birdie... You now have the rather dubious honour of having written a run-on sentence longer than some of mine! And Brother...is THAT ever hard to do!!! Nice work on the build so far and a very clever solution to squeezing in the damper and avoiding those extra long Cloyes gear teeth.

Comment

thank you and like i would tell my class during s.o.p. from the beging this is not english class lol and one thing who do you know that has played with alcohal water injection with n2o been reading up on it sounds really cool

Comment

Check under the "Site Articles" category on the main page and look for the ones penned by "Sappy..." aka Ben on the subjects of NOS or N2O or NITROUS ...he is the owner and proprietor operator of WOT-Tech and now in the fine company of John "Forced Firebird" down in south Florida. Others with similar understandings are Robertisaar. betterthan you and IINM ...Bszopi.

Comment

Originally posted by 60dgrzbelow0 View Post
                      IINM ...Bszopi.
                      IINM.. If I'm not mistaken? Sadly, I have little experience with nitrous.
                      -Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

ok time to humble myself i made a opps and i think the worst thing is i have never done this before so if anyone is near yucaipa and feels like coming over to kick me i would welcome it i stripped the crank bolt threads yes yes i get the dousche bag award so now i have to heli coil it its not the best thing but it will work for now i am such a dumb a$#$ so if any one has a 12x1.5 heli coil kit that is around the san bernidino area that could help i would be in debt. now to the next subject im getting ready for a 100 shot wet system but considering with stock internals i will also be putting on a methanol/water injection system with it to controll cylinder pressure spikes and burn rate then i will also be able to keep timing advance so bszopi have you ever played with this type of setup i know they have played with this since the 70s my dad worked for martin turbo back then on turbos but not nitrous but someone that understands how and why nitrous works can understand why injecting water and methanol would be benificual and provide a safer burn with increase power and reliability any ideas or is anyone intrested in doing this with me still trying to find the right formulas asto how much i need to balance between the methanil water and nitrous

Comment

my favorite saying is "stupidity is not a crime you are free to go"l
                          Lol, my sister bought me a shirt that says that for Christmas a couple years ago. I wear it proudly I think I even wore it to the 2009 60v6 meet.
                          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                          Originally posted by Jay Leno
                          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

nice sounds like she has a good sence of humor lol and its great when people read it and look mat you with a puzzled look and say "i dont get it" lol but anyways ordered a kit from grainger should be here in a few days grrr but i actually fired it sounds good open exhaust at least i think it does dont think the nieghbors liked it oh well just did a quick fire on it for a couple of seconds then shut it down cant wait to play o and who has the suspension exeperince around here or knowledge as to were to get cheap or real cheap after market suspension parts???

Comment

alright my mistress is back up and running and had to make it known to the nieghbors nothing like open exhaust at 5500 rpms then decell with a manual trans my kids loved it. know time to the next part heres a video of what i got in mind and please any opions are very welcome and maybe one of you guys can figure out how i plan and were i plan on installing this then we can talk about the controllers i am planning to use and havent spent a penny yet i love it vrooom vroooom ok no video anyone know how to upload a 25 sec video in a mp4 format help

Comment

ok guys got the cloyes 9-3137 set installed today and it is a very nice tight fit made very well i also advanced the cam 2 degrees due to the 1.6 rato rockers that i have already installed now for some interisting news i also bought a new dampener and yes they due need to be modified it needs more clearnce beteween the crank gear and dampaner and between the cam gear and dampener just grab a die grider and carbide tip and have fun just becarfel
                                Question about the damper for my 3.4L, which damper should I get? Summit doesn't seem to have one. I can find the Cloyes 9-3137 set, but not the damper. What did you use? Also, I've been seeing posts about advancing the CAM and you mentioned that you advanced yours by 2 degrees. How do you do that and why would you want to?

Thanks,
                                Nick D.
                                Last edited by npdimonte; 02-22-2011, 05:32 PM.
                                Nick D.
                                '88 Fiero GT 5-spd

Comment

Working...
                                X