Oil Pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan

Has anyone ever found a source for an oil pan with internal baffles, and is also lower in profile but wider to maintain the same capacity?
    If I had all the money that I've spent on race cars back... I'd spend it on race cars!

I haven't heard of anything off the shelf for an oil pan with more baffles in it than stock. Which oil pan are you looking for specifically though as there are some different bolt patterns between blocks.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Oil Pan

I have a 3.4 pushrod 60 degree V6 in a kit car.

I'd like to reduce the height of the pan, and increase the width.

This would allow more ground clearance while retaining (or increasing) the amount of oil carried.

Any ideas, other than building my own?
      If I had all the money that I've spent on race cars back... I'd spend it on race cars!

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
        I have a 3.4 pushrod 60 degree V6 in a kit car.

I'd like to reduce the height of the pan, and increase the width.

This would allow more ground clearance while retaining (or increasing) the amount of oil carried.

Any ideas, other than building my own?
        I take it, you mean the iron head 3.4 from an F-body?

You''ll be years ahead just to go ahead and build your own. This way it will fit your chassis, and be exactly what you want.

Comment

Oil Pan

You're probably right about building it myself.

Just thought it was worth a "shot".

Happy Holidays.

Comment

What kind of kit car are you building? A super seven as in your avatar or a fiberfab avenger? Just curious.
            Tuning a car is full of compromises. You must decide if you are willing to give up either reliability, performance, or a whole load of cash. Also remember that repairs will seem to come up much more often as you strive for even more performance

Comment

oil pan

The car is already built, although they are never "finished".

It's the Lotus 7 clone pictured.

I just finished putting in a remote starter solenoid to fix a "hot start" problem, and am presently building a new, taller windshield.

I autocross the car and thought that a baffled, low profile oil pan would be a nice addition.

Comment

Working...
              X