Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z-spec retrofited stage 2 pully???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Z-spec retrofited stage 2 pully???

    I e-mailed Z-spec for there price on their stage 2 pulley for their S/C kit on my 3400. And they said that they do not sell them separate from the drive shaft due to customers retrofitting there stage 2 pulley.

    Does anybody now what the meaning of this is...
    Has anyone heard this from them before....
    Has anyone even heard of retrofitting their stage 2 pulley.
    What would you retrofit it onto?

    Im am very confused.....

    They told me they have to sell me the drive shaft and the pulley together. And they want 1250... Damn all i want is the pulley. has anyone heard about this?

  • #2
    They won't sell you just the pulley because they make way less money if they sell you just the pulley. A pulley shouldn't cost more than 100 bucks. Now they get to make 1200 by not selling the pulley seperate.

    Comment


    • #3
      If you have a measuring caliper, try and get the various measurements like the shaft diameter, overall width and diameter at the ribs. With that you should be able to find another pulley that fits. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vortech ones are exactly what you need. Z-Spec/RSM only want you to be dependant on them.
      1995 Grand Am SE

      Comment


      • #4
        whats their website and how much is the s/c kit
        94 BerrettaZ26 3400,5 spd, aluminum flywheel, stg3+ spec clutch, poly mounts everywhere, strut and strut to rad braces, s&s headers, euro mirrors, and taillights, E36 headlights, blk widow spoiler, GTU rimz, intrax, KYB, OBD2 swap rear disk swap with ss lines and ss clutch line, addco rear bar

        07 Chrysler 300 Base, with C frt bumper blk halo headlights and foglights. Coming soon tinted taillights and 22". The Family ride

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by john_V63400 View Post
          I e-mailed Z-spec for there price on their stage 2 pulley for their S/C kit on my 3400. And they said that they do not sell them separate from the drive shaft due to customers retrofitting there stage 2 pulley.

          Does anybody now what the meaning of this is...
          Has anyone heard this from them before....
          Has anyone even heard of retrofitting their stage 2 pulley.
          What would you retrofit it onto?

          Im am very confused.....

          They told me they have to sell me the drive shaft and the pulley together. And they want 1250... Damn all i want is the pulley. has anyone heard about this?
          Do you still want the DHP Power Tuner?
          2000 Grand Am GT
          2011 Chevy Impala

          "The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

          Comment


          • #6
            http://www.z-spec.com/grandamperformance.htm
            $3900 plus an additional $500 if you want the ECM tuned for the SC kit.

            As far as the pulley goes, they might have changed the design of the shaft, therefore the new pulley doesn't fit the old shaft. Therefore, in order to upgrade the pulley, you'd have to get the new shaft as well.



            I could be wrong, but that looks like a different shaft than what you have.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

            Comment


            • #7
              The only thing I can think of is that a smaller pulley will have interference with the round end stock of the shaft system as the stock pulley is a rather close fit.

              A way around this might be to take the pulley off and turn the round end stock to allow a smaller pulley to fit over it.

              2000 Grand Am GT
              2011 Chevy Impala

              "The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

              Comment


              • #8
                The round end with the pully is a billet peice for the bearing and the want to sell you a shaft because they are money hungry peices of shit. I emailed Zsolt and the faggot ass tried to justify his inflated prices in a way that sounded like he was all high and mighty. Plus he tried to say that he was not responsible for any RSM manufacturing flaws because Z-spec bought the rights to the product line.

                He and Nelson are Z-spec...the same peices of shit that were RSM....they just legally changed the name to keep from being sued.

                I am trying to get a CNC guy here to copy all of the RSM Billet peices and do my best to undersell Z-spec with a kit that works and is in Tune........thats what RSM, Z-spec,....whatever....cannot do is tune.....why........because they are complete and utter...IDIOTS........thats why. If you deal with them....then you are just as much an IDIOT as they are and you deserve what you get ....which is OVERPRICED SHIT.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This from the guy that bought all their parts. I don't care for them either because of how they do business but they do a lot of advertising. Not everyone does research on companies before they do business.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by zofo61 View Post
                    The round end with the pully is a billet peice for the bearing and the want to sell you a shaft because they are money hungry peices of shit. I emailed Zsolt and the faggot ass tried to justify his inflated prices in a way that sounded like he was all high and mighty. Plus he tried to say that he was not responsible for any RSM manufacturing flaws because Z-spec bought the rights to the product line.

                    He and Nelson are Z-spec...the same peices of shit that were RSM....they just legally changed the name to keep from being sued.

                    I am trying to get a CNC guy here to copy all of the RSM Billet peices and do my best to undersell Z-spec with a kit that works and is in Tune........thats what RSM, Z-spec,....whatever....cannot do is tune.....why........because they are complete and utter...IDIOTS........thats why. If you deal with them....then you are just as much an IDIOT as they are and you deserve what you get ....which is OVERPRICED SHIT.
                    Hey man, just a quick question.. what do you think of RSM? :P
                    Past Builds;
                    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                    Current Project;
                    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by zofo61 View Post
                      The round end with the pully is a billet peice for the bearing and the want to sell you a shaft because they are money hungry peices of shit. I emailed Zsolt and the faggot ass tried to justify his inflated prices in a way that sounded like he was all high and mighty. Plus he tried to say that he was not responsible for any RSM manufacturing flaws because Z-spec bought the rights to the product line.

                      He and Nelson are Z-spec...the same peices of shit that were RSM....they just legally changed the name to keep from being sued.

                      I am trying to get a CNC guy here to copy all of the RSM Billet peices and do my best to undersell Z-spec with a kit that works and is in Tune........thats what RSM, Z-spec,....whatever....cannot do is tune.....why........because they are complete and utter...IDIOTS........thats why. If you deal with them....then you are just as much an IDIOT as they are and you deserve what you get ....which is OVERPRICED SHIT.
                      I agree with you the whole RSM/Z-Spec is a very unprofessional organization. They skimp out on minor details and then attempt to blame the customer or sell them items that are not needed when something breaks, only to reinstall the same shitty parts that are known to break. If they would spend the extra R&D time and a few extra dollars on top notch parts and work on the customer service they might have a decent company.

                      There are several areas on the RSM/Z-Spec kit that I would change if I were introducing a new kit to market. What would be really ideal is if a self contained S/C were used, such as a procharger or powerdyne. I would stay away from powerdyne however as their superchargers are somewhat unreliable. Procharger makes a very nice self contained supercharger, so the oil lines would be eliminated and the installation would be easier.

                      Quality, Affordability, Reliability, Performance, Ease of Install and Customer Service.......Z-spec is lacking in all of these areas so it wouldn't be hard to take the market if a U.S. based product were released.
                      2000 Grand Am GT
                      2011 Chevy Impala

                      "The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                        This from the guy that bought all their parts.
                        Ah yes....I was ignorant once....but now have seen the light......it was flashing in my face when all those RSM parts blew up in my face..........sux to be me.....but I will return..............hehe
                        Last edited by zofo61; 04-11-2007, 02:22 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by onefastV6 View Post
                          I agree with you the whole RSM/Z-Spec is a very unprofessional organization. They skimp out on minor details and then attempt to blame the customer or sell them items that are not needed when something breaks, only to reinstall the same shitty parts that are known to break. If they would spend the extra R&D time and a few extra dollars on top notch parts and work on the customer service they might have a decent company.

                          There are several areas on the RSM/Z-Spec kit that I would change if I were introducing a new kit to market. What would be really ideal is if a self contained S/C were used, such as a procharger or powerdyne. I would stay away from powerdyne however as their superchargers are somewhat unreliable. Procharger makes a very nice self contained supercharger, so the oil lines would be eliminated and the installation would be easier.

                          Quality, Affordability, Reliability, Performance, Ease of Install and Customer Service.......Z-spec is lacking in all of these areas so it wouldn't be hard to take the market if a U.S. based product were released.

                          Couldn't agree more.

                          I think if I was going to make a SC kit I'd use a rotrex unit. They use the same type of compressor as a centrifugal unit but their drive system is even more efficient and makes less noise. You can also get a two-step drive system for them now so they will make boost sooner and be less "peaky" , more like a roots blower.
                          '97 Grand Prix GT 3800 (sold)
                          '00 Grand Am GT 3400 supercharged
                          13.788 @ 103.73 mph, 320whp 300 ft/lbs
                          Gotta love boost!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X