@#$%ing wiseco!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @#$%ing wiseco!

so i FINALLY order my pistons a week or so ago and today i get a package, i didnt read the label but i open it and cant figure out what it is (cylinder shaped object in a lot of bubble wrap) so i read the paper instead of unwraping it. it says

Dear Sir,
    i am sorry for the inconvenience you have gone through but at the present time, wiseco is not in a position to take this type of order. our engineering department is maxed out right now and we cannot accept jobs that have samples with domes on it.

IF i had known i would have saved you the trouble of sending this in. if someone told you to send this in, im sorry that this information was not up to date.

you may want to send this to our sister company JE pistons in california, but i would suggest removing the rod from the piston before you send this out

Best regards,

John Levis
    Automotive product mgr

they sent me my sample piston back with the combustion chamber mold on it. which they told me to do... WTF! this isnt cool. i didnt even get my order form back which had all my info on it, thank god i made copys.
    sigpic
    88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

WTF are you trying to get made? You've been having problems for over a year now... I mean I know 10.5:1 pistons... but what is the hold up?

This is ridiculous on multiple levels, not just on Wiseco's behalf.

Honestly you should just suck it up and run something already made.

14.60 @ 96.33 for now...

Comment

just simple 10.5:1 compression pistons. yeah its retarted!! one shop screwed me over, another decited to find stock replacement pistons that would be lower compression than i wanted, then i decited to do it my self.. after i got the form filled out the first time i decited to polish and CC my combustion chambers, that took a long time... so once i got that done i decited to have a shop acually measure everything on the engine instead of going with stock specs. turns out my rod eye is oversized too much to go with a stock pin, decited to go with ford size pin and have my rods bored a LITTLE so they would fit..

after last racing season was over i wasnt in a hurry to get it done. this season crept up on me..

and i have a LOT of schooling im doing each trimester and working so i dont have too much free time...

im just set on that compression ratio for some reason lol. i wont settle for anything else
      sigpic

Comment

Why don't you modify 3.4 DOHC pistons? They are much thicker on top than the pushrod pistons. I plan to cut the domes off a set of .030 over that I have here, but won't know what compression that gives for a while.

Just an idea.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

well i was thinking about going that way with the first pistons i got, which were those. i had them measured and i was told there wasnt enough metal there to mill them...
          sigpic

Comment

Wow is 10.5:1 really that important to you?

Got Lope?
            3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
            Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
            Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
            12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

yeah for some reason it is lol. im set on that compression ratio... i know im psyco

just gotta call JE tomorrow and figure out what some of things on there forms are asking for, then i get to place my order!! these are like the last thing, heads are 100% complete, block has been ready for a long time, have all my parts (minus the timing chain and new radiator and clutch)
              sigpic

Comment

Just throw in some camaro pistons. Less compression than DOHC ones so you should be decent with 3500 heads. A little more than you want but tune it well you should be fine. Do the camaro ones have enough material to lower it to 10.5 on 3500 heads?
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

those are still too high for me (i think it was 11.5:1 with those pistons), ive been told that higher compression will be harder on the engine. i want it to last as long as possable. besides foged pistons are just cooler

i think im set! just talked to the guys at JE, all the info i couldnt figure out i dont acually need to give em, and they dont need a mold of the combustion chamber!! so i can just fax or email them my order
                  sigpic

Comment

How much?

Higher compression is harder on your starter too LOL.
                    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                    Original L82 Longblock
                    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Have you tried Ross pistons? That's what I have in my 3.4pr. 9.8 cr on 6" rods with cast iron heads. I'm wondering how that would work with 3500 (5.9?)rods and the smaller 3500 head chambers. Just an idea you could kick around. Tell us what you come up with.

Comment

i think they were listed 750 on there site, but idk if that includes rings and pins. it seems like they quoted me like 900 when i was shopping around a while back

and yeah i looked into ross a bit, the form seems confusing to just look at!

BTW the form was faxed at 1pm on monday!!! ive been in a good mood all day lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Weird, faxed my info sheet and talked to them over the phone 3 years ago for my 11.7:1 pistons and I had a forged set sent to me about a couple months later
                          http://www.v6z24.com/registry/ginobeats/
                          http://www.v6z24.com/registry/ginobeats/2

Comment

update

JE just called me to let me know they got my fax and asked me if i still wanted to go through with this, or course i said yes. they gave me a rough estimate of 820ish and there about 4 weeks out.

THEY ARE STARTING THEM TODAY!!!!

what a great company
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow, please tell me these are forged or something else special otherwise I'm going to say you are throwing your money away for just a little bit of compression.

Got Lope?
                              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
                              X