262's 85 Fiero SE LX9 F23 swap thread lots of pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heysoundude View Post

You've basically converted to Coil-on-Plug ignition - do you find it runs smoother/more powerfully or efficiently, or is it just so you can dial in your own advance? Lots of questions in there, I know....
    Also, are you using the upgraded truck coils?
    I'm running an MS3 Pro ultimate, with LSx truck ignition coils. most builds probably wouldn't need anything this crazy. I wanted a hotter ignition for lighting things off under high boost, and to eliminate the ignition module,

Advance can be changed with the stock brick just like you can with the truck coils.

As far as smooth or efficiency is concerned, I can't really say, this engine doesn't have enough runtime to make a true assessment.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

I get bummed out every time I type "titties" in the search bar and nothing pops up....

Built not bought, because bolt-ons don't...

Comment

• well, I installed a new battery, and my throttle control problem went away! I suspect cranking voltage was too low to drive the TB, causing the controller to drop control. With the new battery, comes a new, unexpected problem, my MAF either a) isn't outputting a signal or b) the signal isn't making it to the MS3 pro.

So far, I have verified the MAF signal wire is wired to the correct MS3 pro pin, then I checked power and ground on the MAF sensor. everything seems to check out good, I'm going to order a new sensor and cross my fingers.

I started working on a speed density "tune" to try and get it idling, and this thing sounds pretty nasty for a little V6, I'll have to try and get a camera with a decent mic and get a clip going.
      Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

I get bummed out every time I type "titties" in the search bar and nothing pops up....

Comment

• CHOP CHOP CHOP!

https://youtu.be/gIQ5aVr_l4c

Comment

Working...
        X