This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
    mild cam and 55hp? 35 is overly generous. id expect 15 hp from our street cam and no other mods. Perhaps you meant with other mods? Either way, we haven't done a cam comparison yet to know for sure.
    No kidding. I may just have a freak 3400 then. But it just had a 210/214 @ .506" on a 110lsa and put down 213WHP in my fiero, which roughly converts to 245HP at the motor. 3500 exh. manifolds, 3" exhaust and valve springs.

The dyno number isn't "generous" also as many stock cars went on that day and put down factory numbers.

I think you'd see ALOT more then 15 HP...
    11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
    10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

I was talking about a .480 lift with 206ish duration cam. Manual and OBD1 isn't exactly the same thing as what we have here, plus better stock exhaust manifolds than the 3400. Stock 56mm TB as well?
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

+ 8 whp with our stage 2 3400 upper and lower
        + 2 whp with a 65mm LX5 throttle body

Seems we have an issue with break up at higher RPM. Could be more...but we have the same looking graphs for the before as we do the after so that works for now.

65mmdyno.jpg

Had to use facebook to convert the .bmp to a .jpg.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

+ 8 whp with our stage 2 3400 upper and lower
          + 2 whp with a 65mm LX5 throttle body

Seems we have an issue with break up at higher RPM. Could be more...but we have the same looking graphs for the before as we do the after so that works for now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7265[/ATTACH]

Had to use facebook to convert the .bmp to a .jpg.

Does the car have headers yet? I would bet that you could gain quite a bit through a good exhaust.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

no, stock logs are still on it. Upgraded exhaust of some sort is next. I want that done before I put the ported heads on there. Then cams. Then boost. Then Gerson needs a new transmission. hehe
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

no, stock logs are still on it. Upgraded exhaust of some sort is next. I want that done before I put the ported heads on there. Then cams. Then boost. Then Gerson needs a new transmission. hehe
              oooh!

I'm gonna take a guess and say headers/exhaust will bump this over 185
              Last edited by ericjon262; 01-26-2013, 01:43 AM.
              "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

I agree. I'm thinking around 190ish.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_gt_74 View Post
                  I agree. I'm thinking around 190ish.
                  I'm hoping to see about >193 pop up there, but I don't know if the stock cam will do it.

Comment

Is it running natural or synthetic oil?
                    - Stephen Brand

Comment

Brand new here. Registered just so I could post this plea: Please, please, please do the exhaust in stages. First stage cat back only, then dyno. Then add your down pipe and high flow cat, then dyno, Then no cat, then dyno, Then add the headers, then dyno. This way we can see just how much gain each mod is worth! Also please post the torque figures. Thanks!
                      Regards,
                      Eric
                      01 Grand Am GT, 03 Regal GS, 93 M.B. 400E 14.200 uncorrected, 89 M.B. 300E 15.925 Uncorrected, AMC 401 Hornet 13.63 U.C.

Comment

Unless the dyno time is free, might be little bit pricey to dyno after every modification.

Comment

I don't know what Ben is paying for dyno time but at the shop I go to that would be just way too much. you basically need 3 pulls per modification to get reliable results plus install time between them.

I pay $100/hour or $40/pull.. that would be an all day deal.
                          Past Builds;
                          1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                          1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                          Current Project;
                          1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

We are absolutely not going through all that for the exhaust.
                            Ben
                            60DegreeV6.com
                            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Maybe Mad Scientist would be willing to pay for all the extra dyno pulls so "we" can see how much HP and torque each modification adds.

Comment

Geez, quite a welcome guys.

I have to admit I'm kinda surprised. I would've thought that a big, multinational outfit like WOT-Tech would have it's own dyno like Edelbrock does.

Surely, at the very least, an outfit like WOT-Tech has an ongoing relationship with a dyno shop for R&D purposes, and is paying much less than us common folks off of the street pay for dyno time.

The method I am proposing is the scientific way to do it. You want to be scientific now don't you?

Seriously, surely you know that I'm not the only one who would like to know what exactly each mod is worth. Surely YOU would like to know what each mod is worth! You NEED to know so that you can know just exactly WHAT you are selling to your customers. (How well each part performs, etc.)

This information would definitely be helpful and useful for marketing purposes. It would be worth it for that reason alone.

Don't forget, I have a 01 GAGT that I JUST bought, and I'm a potential customer too! (I also have an 03 L67 powered car as well, so I could be a repeat customer.)

At a bare minimum, could you please at least do it in two stages? First stage being the all new exhaust and the second stage being the addition of the headers? Please?
                                Regards,
                                Eric
                                Last edited by Mad Scientist; 02-04-2013, 05:48 AM.
                                01 Grand Am GT, 03 Regal GS, 93 M.B. 400E 14.200 uncorrected, 89 M.B. 300E 15.925 Uncorrected, AMC 401 Hornet 13.63 U.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X