No announcement yet.

Little Thumper Install Crank Sensor Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben, shawn is the one that bought the stuff from you btw. How ever I did the swap originally and did the work this time. The only conclusion I've come to is to switch the cam sensor as you can't perform a relearn and it's all timed right. Actually runs perfectly fine besides stutters between 1200 and 3000 at times. Not sure what else to remotely check to be honest.

Comment

O to add I've flashed it with 00-05 bins from a ga, malibu, impala and Monte since the gas gauge will only work on the malibu and wbody bins. The same issue as soon as it picks up a couple 100 rpms code pops right on. I also don't see how the reading is remotely the same on this cam to the stock the pad is clear different. The stock is a 180 degree half circle where the comp is what 30 degrees in duration?

Comment

I'm going to hazard a guess why it doesn't matter until Ben replies. The computer only cares about the rising edge. Since the falling edge is ignored, when it occurs is immaterial. Hope I didn't add misinformation or confusion.

Comment

In the past when it was 3400 powered ben was always saying the sensor had to match the cam. Of course I never even paid attention to the lobe when I put the cam in. I could see the falling edge and rising edge thing but would think it would read both to me but the difference in timing has to matter at some point I'd think.

Comment

I don't recall saying that is had to match the cam. I know it used to be talked about though and we have found it simply doesn't matter. That was back in the regrind days perhaps where we would get the cam that matched the original. Anyway, its trailing edge only, duration doesn't matter.

The 3500 computer/wiring has 2 swapped wires compared to the 3400 wiring. 12 volt is the same but the low refernece is the middle wire on the 3500 and on the other end of the line on the 3400. Looks like you can't use a 3400 wiring harness with a 3500 sensor.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

The harness is a 3400 one off off a grand am. The 3500 always has had the 3500 sensor on the 3400 harness so not sure what you mean if not mistaken. On the sensor matching the cam was on one of the articles.
              Last edited by 2fast4u88; 11-18-2015, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X