3900 swap from a 3400 want to help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3900 swap from a 3400 want to help?

Okay I am trying to figure out how to complete this swap.

Beginning with a 3.4 v6 from my 99 Grand am SE

I want to finish with a 3.9 VVT motor from a g6,impala, etc.

I know you can lock out the phaser to essentially disengage the VVT function.

And I know about the usual issues with clearance and custom mounts, extending wires and sensors.

But how do I work around this issue, I need a 24X crank sensor and a single pulse per revolution cam signal. Unfortunately LZ engines do not have a mount for the 24X sensor and their cams have multiple pulses per revolution. Is there any other way around this? I want to keep all my original harnesses and computer modules I don't want to swap all that over if possible.

Hi!

I'm wanting to swap an LZ9 and F40 6-speed into my '90 Z24.

You have some questions about phasers (is this Star Trek?), and 24x this, and such (sorry I'm a bit dated and ignorant of this newer stuff at the moment). Nevertheless, I offer a solution; swap all this newer mech into your older car. Swap all the harnesses from the donor car also.
    I intend to swap all the harnesses I need, from my donor parts car, into my '90 Z24. The car will essentially be a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP disguised as a Cavy! I know I'm in for a headache, hence my signature

Let me know how you're progressing and please share any lessons learned from your swap. Best of luck!
    Why do I do this to myself?

Comment

Working...
    X