Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Project In The Works, Engine Rebuild

I will hopefully have a project soon, and it looks like:

Ok, so its not the one I have, its DigitallyPhoenix's (z34Phoenix here I believe) engine bay (very clean I might add, and thanks ). Since my dad's digital camera sucks the big one (and mine is being borrowed right now), I needed something to show.

I have a '95 Monte Carlo Z34 with a working 3.4L DOHC and a working tranny (as far as I know) sitting at my sister's house. I did have picture but I already stated the issue above. Anyway, me and my buddy got talking, and we have decided that we are probably going to pull the engine out and clean it/rebuild ourselves, sort of a learning project. Now the good thing about this is if we mess the engine up, well it doesn't really matter because it isn't detrimental to my Lumina. If we get it working, well it may be a great engine for the previously stated car .

So I was hoping that the 3.4L Gurus could help us with anything during the build, teardown, ect. As well as with performance mods and other items assuming we get it running.

So to begin with, the previous owner said that he wasn't getting any spark. I would like to try to start the engine in the car before we remove it, any ideas?

I noticed that the tranny is the same as the one bolted to the 3100 correct? Can it take more power? Are their any upgrade parts for it?

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Anyone have tips?

Dual Outlet Exhaust with Resonator Delete, Front STB, Rear STB, GMPP Trailing Arms

Comment

tip for general engine rebuilds:

bag and tag EVERYTHING

the engines both use the 4T60-E but the 3.4 has a different final drive ratio, not sure what else is different. i know a kid bought a 95 3.4 trans from me and used it behind a 95 3100 with no issues.

Comment

Working...
      X