No announcement yet.

I'm running out of ideas and patience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm running out of ideas and patience.

I've replaced the ICM, coils, plug wires and plugs on my 1994 CS convertible with the DOHC.

But, it still runs rough.

I put a timing light to each cylinder and 1, 2 and 5 are firing erratically but 3, 4 and 6 has steady spark.

WTF????

I need ideas so that maybe I can sell this thing for a decent price.

Check the resistance on the injectors.
    Lorenzo
    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

They are within spec.

Comment

If thefuel pressure is good I'd swap them out with a known working set. how is the eninge operating? rough at idle? Smooth at cruise? etc.?
        Lorenzo
        '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
        '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

Originally posted by gpse3400 View Post
          If thefuel pressure is good I'd swap them out with a known working set. how is the eninge operating? rough at idle? Smooth at cruise? etc.?
          I don't have any extra fuel injectors...I gave Taylor the enginr feom my parts car to get his green car running.

After I replaced the ICM, the cutting out while cruising quit and now it's pretty smooth at cruising speeds. Just at idle it's rough and when the A/C is on, it gets worse.

Comment

In case anyone doesn't know by common sense...A 3.4 doesn't run too well when plug wires one and four are switched...

Well, it runs better, but still runs like crap at idle. I pulled both cam covers and the cams are aligned right according to the site and my FSM...
            Last edited by 1994KlrWhaleOlds; 09-20-2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X