Possible to add center motor mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to add center motor mount?

Im having troubles. Im redesigning my rear motor mount for my 6speed dohc. Im unable to come up with a strong, light and sturdy mount. Im thinking about just adding a center mount and some lower dogbone style supports. Im not even sure if theres any bracketry that would allow this setup to work. I know 3x00 cars used aluminum pans that the mount bolted to so thats out. But didnt some of the older mpfi engines have sheet pans and brackets that bolted the mount directly to the block? Anybody know if i can make this work? Pics of mpfi mount bracket??

-GREEN 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE - L82/5spd MTX +
    -White 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 97 207DOHC/6SPD MTX +

I found a picture. It looks like it would work. All the mounting locations on the rear look right. Front should be the same too. I dont think the dohc engines were any higher or lower due to all motors sharing the same tranny mount. Alright really think this will work! Im pretty excited. Anybody have one of these to sell me?

-GREEN 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE - L82/5spd MTX +
    -White 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 97 207DOHC/6SPD MTX +

Comment

Is it possible to add the front engine (front of engine, right side of engine bay) mount found on all the OHV v6's in w-bodies to the LQ1 and just do away with that stupid one on the rear of the transmission that LQ1s use?
      Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
      1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

Working...
      X