No announcement yet.

cheap cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well then...... i retract my previous statement. congrats kyle.
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

No problem. Thanks.

Kyle
      1992 Lumina Z34
      5 Speed
      Autozone civic intake
      Ultra White lights
      FFP Dogbone mount
      125k miles
      2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
      60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

at least someone liked my idea . Did the install go pretty quick?
        92 Lumina euro 3.4 DOHC 139,XXX miles

Comment

Took about an hour total. The hardest part was getting the sensor out of the air box. Pretty easy though. I could tell though that it needs a heat shield pretty bad. That run was recorded after the car had sat for an hour with the hood up to let the heat escape. On back to back runs there was about a 3 tenths difference in times. Good idea. Thanks for starting this post.

Kyle
          1992 Lumina Z34
          5 Speed
          Autozone civic intake
          Ultra White lights
          FFP Dogbone mount
          125k miles
          2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
          60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

or for about $40 you can go to autozone and buy a flexible intake tube and a cone filter. Modify your battery mount to move it forward a little bit(you have to get rid of your washer tank though, mine was broke). Then snake the tube into the fender and put the filter on the end. Use something to mount it(zip-ties) and you have a real CAI. Just thought I would share the idea.
            1995 Monte Carlo Z34

Comment

Hey does anybody know where that pic is of the guy who installed a cold air intake with his battery turned sideways?

Lyle

Comment

or for about $40 you can go to autozone and buy a flexible intake tube and a cone filter. Modify your battery mount to move it forward a little bit(you have to get rid of your washer tank though, mine was broke). Then snake the tube into the fender and put the filter on the end. Use something to mount it(zip-ties) and you have a real CAI. Just thought I would share the idea.

Better yet go to pep boys and they have metal intake elbows and stright peices you can buy to make your own. im going to get a 45 degree elbow and an 8 inch stright peice and add onto mine to get it into the fender. Plus, i like my washers
                92 Lumina euro 3.4 DOHC 139,XXX miles

Comment

Working...
                X