Commodore Lumina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commodore Lumina

We have a GM Holden Lumina with a 3600 V6 engine which is called an Alloytec here in Australia. Is this the same car that is sold in USA as Chev Lumina? We have turboed it and it now makes double the original power, but have had to piggyback another computer over the original to make it run. Has anyone got any information on these engines and cracking the computers in USA?
    Magic

Got pics of the Holden?
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RednBlackCutlass
      Got pics of the Holden?

To me It looks more like its based on the Cadillac CTS/Catera platform in terms of the design outlay of the way the car looks.

I miss australia. I want to move there.
      Colin
      92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
      90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Jesus, that's a nice car. Damn Australians! Just kidding. No, it's not the same as the Chevy Luminas, we don't even make them anymore. I don't even think we have the variable intake manifold like you have...damn Australians get all the good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by firechiken
          I don't even think we have the variable intake manifold like you have...damn Australians get all the good stuff!
          Yes we do. Its powering the CTS's the Base model STS and SRX caddies, as well as its in the new Buick Allure (Lacrosse for you american's) as well as a few other models such as the Rendezvous. I know I'm forgetting a few models in there somewhere else.

The Clubsports are still my favorite. mmmm. I got to drive a VY (? I think it was a vy 2003 model) Clubsport R8 at a holden dealer. They had a fucking sweet-as Monaro GTO in the showroom at the time. mmmmm. Hothouse green I think it was IIRC. wicked. Drove a few other Holdens while there. Monaro was fun. Ute SS, Wish we could get those here.
          Colin
          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid 13.99@ 95.22 (2004)
          90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 10.54 @ 129mph.

Comment

Our Holden Lumina V6 3600 turbo did a 13.39 recently at Western Sydney International Dragway. We have since fitted a shift kit to the auto as it didn't want to change gear, so the times should improve. The car has 335.5 rear wheel horse power. I will try to attach some pictures soon.
            Magic

Comment

Nice cars! Hey, BTW, Welcome to 660! Post up your location on our map. I think you are the first Aussie member here.
              If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks, its good to be the first!
                We are on the map now.
                Australia is where the GM global V6 is being manufactured.
                It is sold here under the "Holden" name which has been producing GM cars since 1948.
                The global V6 is now powering Alfa Romeo and Saab in turbo form, as well as some US models.
                We have it in our Commodore range as either a 190kw or 175kw 3600 engine.
                Magic

Comment

We also have the fastest 1JZ powered car in Australia.
                  Runs ten's.
                  We have a drag class here in Sports Compact called Oz Mod in which this car runs.
                  It has to be a production car with tyre size limitations although engine swaps are allowed so long as the production vehicle was never built with a V8.
                  We are a top 8 contender.
                  This car is steet legal although we run it with slicks at the track.
                  We will post some pics when we can
                  Magic

Comment

Ok, now i want a 3.6L DOHC engine with turbo for the old fiero. Ben if you have any left from that 1.7 mill on the Bugatti, loan me about 10k.
                    2014 Chevy Cruise LT
                    2000 Kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja Motorcycle

Comment

The turbo kit cost $6100 US, plus freight and tax
                      Then you have to get an engine and have it fitted.
                      Lots of $$$$$
                      Magic

Comment

Working...
                      X