1995 lumina wont start after cool down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 lumina wont start after cool down

HI guys have a 95 lumina 3.4 dohc,this has happenend 3 times in the last 3 days,we had had a lot of rain lately also,this problem never happend before.Ok after say driving for about a half hour on either city or hhighway,after the car has been off for a while say a few hours go to star it and there is nothing like the battery is dead but its not dead,happened today at work after about 4 hours and rain on the drive into work,wiggled the positive booost bat cable and fiddled with the plug wires and it started,cold this be a ground issue or?

check the remote terminal to see if its tight? right by the washer fluid tank on my car.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
      check the remote terminal to see if its tight? right by the washer fluid tank on my car.
      Would that be the postive batt cable

Comment

well that, but look for a red capped thinggy pretty close to the same area, sometimes the cap is gone, but there is a thick wire going from it, to the battery (+) terminal. sometimes that nut can be loose on the other end of it, and it will cause the car to have trouble starting. a loose nut on the starters (+) will too. it sounds like a loose wire somewhere to me. and its probably a big one.

Comment

The wet conditions may just be coincidence.....if you've nothing at the starter when you turn the key to *start*, but the battery is in fine condition...it's possible that the contact disc/and/or one of the terminal contacts inside the starter solenoid is failing. Something else it might be is the ignition switch (not the key cylinder) is also wearing out causing an intermittent condition. The remote *boost* terminal is not related to the start circuit, it is simply there for convenience sake when boosting the car.
          91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

i dunno man, when i got my car it would intermittently not start. so i popped the hood and started looking for loose wires (and i mean when i turned the key, i would get Click.... -with an optima redtop) so i found the remote boost to be loose, then when i tightened it, problem gone.

Comment

-doesnt the main positive connection of the car have something to do with ALL the circuits of the car? starter, stereo, headlights and all.... hey, i could be wrong.

Comment

try this riddle if you want...
                http://60degreev6.com/forum/f104/hud...g-t42843/page3

Comment

Originally posted by 55trucker View Post
                  The wet conditions may just be coincidence.....if you've nothing at the starter when you turn the key to *start*, but the battery is in fine condition...it's possible that the contact disc/and/or one of the terminal contacts inside the starter solenoid is failing. Something else it might be is the ignition switch (not the key cylinder) is also wearing out causing an intermittent condition. The remote *boost* terminal is not related to the start circuit, it is simply there for convenience sake when boosting the car.
                  Where is the ignition switch located?,Sofaking mine doesnt click like a dead battery,there is no sound.

Comment

lol ummm i dunno then, park/neutral switch?? try taking it in and out of park next time it does it, or use neutral to start it, if that makes it work easier than i think that could be a suspected problem.

Comment

You have a dead spot in the starter motor. Replace it.
                      Lorenzo
                      '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
                      '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

The ignition switch is located on the top side of the steering column...under the instrument panel...(it's Not part of the key cylinder assembly), to get to it you need to drop the knee pad, then back off the nuts that hold up the column under the dash, then lower the column. It is actuated by a rod that push pulls off the key cylinder.
                        91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

Working...
                        X