heads up display woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads up display woes

so i have a 91 gtp that I am in the middle of bringing back to life and a 95 gtp that I am parting out. I was wondering if anyone could tell me it the hud from the 95 would be a comparable replacement for the hud in my 91( I realize the the mounts and so on are diffrent but are the internals basically the same?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. However, I could see swapping the 95 interior including HUD into the 91. I've thought about doing that.

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah.... no, the interior in the 91 is way nicer then the 95 and besides the 5 seater thing just doesn't work for me.

Comment

i've always wanted to play with one of these, it cant be that hard to figure out...

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

I think your issue may be in OBD1 and OBD 1.5 differences. This may be a question to post on w-body.com. A lot of people have done HUD swaps.
          Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
          1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

You will need to swap more then the HUD projector... you need the internal wiring harness to make it work. Its a chore but its possible..
            Shane "RedZMonte"
            2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
            1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
            -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
            2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
            1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
            1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
            1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
            1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I was under the impression that all of the w-bodies came with the wiring regardless, so all you had to do was dig under the dash and find the plugs. I could be wrong...
              -Brad-
              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
              sigpic
              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                I was under the impression that all of the w-bodies came with the wiring regardless, so all you had to do was dig under the dash and find the plugs. I could be wrong...
                Any of them that had it as an option, maybe. My Z34's didn't, so the wiring is not there.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

the HUDs themselves have NO communication at all, so the only real differences are physical in nature. you can use a 95 unit in a 91 dash, but it's gonna look funny, especially with the adjusters.
                  1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                  X