93 4t60e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 4t60e

Short version- 93 Z34 has possible failing trans. Found what looks like newly rebuilt one outta a 93 euro in the jy. will it work? If it does and I pull it, what can be done to beef it up to allow for some hp gains in the future (would love to one day peak 300+ one day....) I also found a couple of trans tied to Lq1s. I don't know the condition of any of them, but what years can I use. There's a 93 (Pontiac), 95 & 96 (Chevy), and a 94 (Olds).
    Last edited by project 92z; 05-05-2013, 09:59 AM.

if you want a direct swap, any 91-93 LQ1 transmission is it. the 93-94 W 3.1(not 3100) trans will also be fairly close(3.33 FDR vs 3.43) and would basically be a drop-in. 94-96 would require wiring changes in addition to controlling the TCC PWM that was gained. 97 would be a 4T65 and you'll have to find a way to control that.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I thought the '93 was a one-year item. '91 and '92 were interchangeable; '93 was similar but with different wiring at the multi-pin connector and valve body, and '94 was different from '93. If I'm wrong, I'd love to find out.

I, too, have a popped '93 4L60E in a Euro 3.4, have been trying to find a "good used" unit for months.
      ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

all of the interchanges i've seen show 91-92 and 93 3.4 4T60E transmissions to be seperate, but i have no idea why.... wiring(via alldata) appears to be the same, VSS reluctor is identical, same FDR, even the same code of CWW(with a 1, 2 or 3 in front of it) was used for all 3 years...
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

So, what you're saying is....? plus if I get mine rebuilt, what's the upgrades I should ask about? like I mentioned, i'ld like to see 300+ one day. Between reground cams, turbo, chips, u/d pulley, bigger injectors, retuning, etc etc etc, I figure that's not impossible. just don't wanna have to redo trans twice

Comment

Working...
          X