'93 oil cooler hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 oil cooler hose

On my '93 Cutlass, there's a short hose that goes from the engine block to the oil cooler.

Any idea of a parts supplier that sells such a hose ? The usual parts stores I checked don't have it thanks!

Probably dealer only item, and being a 93, probably discontinued... Best bet is to go to an auto parts store and have them match up the bend if any on it and diameter with something they have that may be too long, or have an extra bend it in and just cut it to fit.

Got Lope?
    3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
    Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
    Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
    12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Thanks alot, did that, cut the new hose and it worked perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by chriswhewell View Post
        Thanks alot, did that, cut the new hose and it worked perfectly
        Post the part number of the sacrificial hose.
        ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Gates 18799.

But now I'm f--d in another way..... the draincock on the new radiator I put in last year.... threads are stripped inside the rad. I was real careful with them when I put the brand new rad in last year, I know about these plastic pos's. Other than a new radiator, anyone know a way to remedy stripped internal plastic threads or otherwise seal the drain on that rad ? dangit

Edit: here was the fix for the second problem, thread insert included: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...fier=1049_0_0_
          Last edited by chriswhewell; 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I think www.rockauto.com sells just end tanks, but I bet that's a blast changing them. Where are you located? Maybe someone might be local to you that would be willing to deal.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Austin. But its all fixed now, thanks.

Comment

NP. You get stuff taken care of way faster than I do, lol.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Its my son's car, that hose was just old and cracked way up there. Towed him home last week on the trailer and the fuel pump went out in the truck but not totally, it still pissed enough gas to enable us to go 35 mph with a lot of jerking and frustration for about 100 miles, but at least we made it back! I was glad we re-located the coils and module last year, its tight down in there.

Comment

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the stock coil location on them. Mine are going to the stock location for the 96/97 DOHC when my car gets an engine again. I like the thought of up on top in the rear vs under an exhaust manifold, lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

indeed. The stock location has too much heat and ignition modules don't fare well with heat. I put the coils up on a ledge up under the fusebox

Comment

Working...
                      X