Fixing oil leak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing oil leak.

Hi i am doing alot of work on my brothers 91 GTP automatic , im doing the timing and porting and polishing the intake and plenum and fixing the oil leak and and purging the injectors. well ive never fixed the oil leak in these cars because my 91 GTP 5 speed never leaked oil. so i was wondering where you out the jb weld and how much to use? also how do you do sn idle relearn? thanks for any help.

Jake
    GM Goodwrench Tech - GM Certified

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Runs 13.4 In the 1/4 with a 3 second 60 foot

I don't recommend JB weld in that area
    I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

What do you recomend?

Jake

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Comment

If anything of a seal nature use RV sealant, easier to remove incase the gear does fail.
        I am back

Comment

On my first attempt I used a tight fitting O-ring that fit snug around the plug cap seat..
          I am back

Comment

Originally posted by grandprixgtp_91
            What do you recomend?

Jake
            taking the heads off.

I tried the JB chooch move and it DIDNT work for me. Yes I cleaned it, let it dry for a couple of days--everything and it still leaked. Im in Florida and its damn hot down here, I think that's why it didnt work. Maybe if you're up north, but not here.

While I had the heads off, it made it easy to change the hard stuff like the alt. and o2 sensor. If you're going to do everything that youre doing, Id do it right

Comment

I didn't remove heads because I just put them back on a month before the leak happened.
              I am back

Comment

How do you do an idle relearn?

Comment

I didn't relearn mine it was automatic after a short drive I thought....

Idle learn enabled???
                  I am back

Comment

Working...
                  X