Ram air hood scoop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram air hood scoop?

hey guys i was wondering.i plan to modify my hood on my 93 z34 for ram air.my question is after mounting the 2 snorkel like scoops on the hood in order to make them functional i would just have to cut a whole in the hood underneath each snorkel right?

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Except for my car is a 95 cutlass supreme.

Comment

dont waste your time... ram air has been proven to make no more power then a good cold air intake.

S
      Shane "RedZMonte"
      2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
      1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
      -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
      2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
      1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
      1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
      1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
      1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RedZMonte View Post
        dont waste your time... ram air has been proven to make no more power then a good cold air intake.

S
        Works great...over about a hundred 'n' twenty, IF you put the scoop into a high-pressure area of the hood, and IF you don't screw up the smooth air flow into the engine (tougher with a carb than with FI.) Most folks put the "scoop" into a LOW-pressure area, or into the boundary layer of air, and the damn thing will NEVER work that way. Be lucky if you don't SUBTRACT power. Looks stupid that way, too.
        ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
        X