New here, need some help with intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here, need some help with intake

Hello everyone, I've been looking around on the site (amazing might I add) trying to get an idea on how to get my upper plenum off. I have a 95 Z34 monte carlo with a 3.4L. I've removed everything that was stated in previous posts, it seems like it's just stuck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Did you read step 1 of this article : http://60degreev6.com/content/9697_I...p_9195_Engines ?

If so, and you have it all removed, it is probably just stuck. Use something to gently pry up on it to separate it from the gaskets and lower intake.

And welcome to the site!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and quick response! Yes, i've read that post, i'll try what you suggested and pry on it. After the bowl i'll post some pics so you can look at it and let me know if there's anything missing.

Comment

Hi there & Welcome....are you absolutely sure you've removed ALL of the fasteners holding down the plenum?...when you say *it's stuck* do you mean it will not move at all?....There are 7 bolts that can be seen from the top & there are 2 more at the back that are out of sight, but those 2 are on rubber supports and should not *freeze* the plenum into place. Read thru this and go over what you've done to see if you've missed something.
        Last edited by 55trucker; 02-01-2009, 07:04 PM.
        91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

Let me first say WOW! This forum kicks a@#! Secondly, i've removed everything stated in the books description. When I said stuck, i meant that it is not moving at all. I've looked over everything and even tried to gently pry up on it and it still won't budge.

Comment

Finally, got if off after coming home today. I put a crowbar inbetween the bottom of the plenum on the passenger side and used the engine hook thing as a lever. It was on there pretty good, but after wrestling with it for a couple minutes, it finally gave way. Thank you guys so much for the help. I'll definitely be a regular on here now.
            Attached Files

Comment

Glad you got it off.....you are not the 1st to have this same problem...from my own personal experience (mine has been off twice now and came up freely) the plenum is not supposed to be adhered to the manifold in any way, unless someone sometime in the past has had it off and used a glue product to seal it down. At least now you can get your work done.
              91 LQ1 GP GT

Comment

Originally posted by 55trucker View Post
                Glad you got it off.....you are not the 1st to have this same problem...from my own personal experience (mine has been off twice now and came up freely) the plenum is not supposed to be adhered to the manifold in any way, unless someone sometime in the past has had it off and used a glue product to seal it down. At least now you can get your work done.
                Thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate all your help. I searched all over and could not find an actual picture of the oil pump drive from the top so i'll attach a picture i took of mine. Here ya go...

Comment

Working...
                X