No announcement yet.

Just another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still working on getting everything back together. Not going to take a pic of under the hood untill it's recieved a major cleaning. Unfortunately some of you were subjected to seeing it here at the meet. I'll get on the engine bay soon.

LOL! You know I'm only going to post pics of the good side.

Comment

Originally posted by underdawg View Post
      Still working on getting everything back together. Not going to take a pic of under the hood untill it's recieved a major cleaning. Unfortunately some of you were subjected to seeing it here at the meet. I'll get on the engine bay soon.

LOL! You know I'm only going to post pics of the good side.
      Wow that is beutifull man. Nice work on the clean up..

Comment

Originally posted by Smittro View Post
        Wow that is beutifull man. Nice work on the clean up..
        Thanks! I still have to clean up the trunk area and put back some things that the previous owner took off and left laying. I'll start the major cleaning under the hood this week. I've got to because I recieved a nice shiny water pump pulley for it at the meet last night......still gotta see if it will fit. If it doesn't fit I will be offering it up to someone here for their car. The other things that I've pulled off to clean and repaint aren't going back on till it's cleaned up either.

Comment

come on lets see the ugly side of this thing!! it cant be that bad!! i take full 360 pics of mine without shame!! (And it has a rust spot as big as my whole thumb on one side!!)

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

I'm pretty sure Chris Wilson has done that swap already. (He's the guy that did the first 3500 Beretta, mine.)

If he doesn't pop up here in the next couple of days PM me and I'll get you his e-mail.
            or

asylummotorsports@yahoo.ca

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
              come on lets see the ugly side of this thing!! it cant be that bad!! i take full 360 pics of mine without shame!! (And it has a rust spot as big as my whole thumb on one side!!)
              Oh, alright. You asked for it. I think the driver side fender can be saved, but it needs a new door skin and the top of the quarter panel repaired. There are some dings here and there as well that need attention. The DS FX is also busted, but I have another set waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by asylummotorsports View Post
                I'm pretty sure Chris Wilson has done that swap already. (He's the guy that did the first 3500 Beretta, mine.)

If he doesn't pop up here in the next couple of days PM me and I'll get you his e-mail.
                or

asylummotorsports@yahoo.ca
                Sweet! Thanks for the help. I talked with a member that was here for the meet.

I just so happen to have a 3100 sitting on a stand and I'll most likely put it in this car. I shouldn't be out major expense for the rest of what I need to get it in, but it'll still be a while. Thought about seeing if the junkyard would swap me the 3100 for a 3400.

I was worried that it wouldn't be possible to do this swap due to it being different from the '87 and up.

Comment

man, my buddy has those exact same wheels on his 89 z24. he got them from another friend who pulled them from his beretta GTZ

Comment

Black or white? I can't decide.

Comment

Originally posted by loosenut View Post
                      man, my buddy has those exact same wheels on his 89 z24. he got them from another friend who pulled them from his beretta GTZ
                      As you can see....I have two sets. The white set I pulled off of an '84 Cavalier station wagon with a phase two doghouse on it.

Comment

I remember you!
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          I remember you!
                          Hey, John. Did you get everything lined out with the Bimmer? Where is the video of you guys making passes or did I miss it somewhere here?

Paul

Comment

Josh has been too busy to post it yet. :/ I personally like the black ones because of looks and they will help cover up brake dust. I also thought your cars were pretty nice, even the Z24 (despite you claiming it's not in this thread) You really don't have a whole lot to do to that car to make it complete, and besides the small body stuff, it's a really clean car!
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                            Originally posted by Jay Leno
                            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I've got an idea for a future visual mod for this car or a coupe when I land one. A full phantom grill......

I know I'll get on honest opinion everywhere I've posted it.

Comment

Ok, here is the future powerplant for this car. I spoke with a couple of you guys at the meet here in BG about this engine and got some positive info from you guru's. Thanks to ya'lls input I will be going with this 3100.....

I believe it has 60,000 miles on it and it came from a granny driven '01 Malibu. It got overheated a few times though, so I will have to get the heads checked for warpage. Superdave, I believe I spoke to you about this issue. Before my friend pulled the engine he ran a compression test and it was good, but he did notice a little blow back going into the radiator.( I think that is what he told me) If so, what kind of problem am I looking at or is it worth even doing the swap with this engine?

Thanks,
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X