New. But not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I finally got it to open, some questions pop up:

1. What terminals do I use for the MT shift light?
    2. Does the VATS module still produce the 30Hz signal for this PCM?
    3. The MAF sensor... Is it the newer style that produces a voltage signal (similar to a MAP sensor), or is it like my POS that produces a frequency signal (I call mine a POS because I'm soon to be on my 5th one in almost 7 years).

Comment

shift light: since there were never any factory 3.4 5 speeds in 94-95 it doesn't get listed on there, BUT in almost every other diagram i've seen that had the option of a manual, it used the TCC driver to run the shift light.

VATS: SHOULD, but i would have to check the hack again to be 100% sure.

MAF: i honestly don't know. MAF setups are largely foreign to me. the hack says pulses, so it sounds like the frequency setup.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll go and start my conversion chart sometime here, as soon as I decode the pics.

Comment

My 9396 does indeed use the TCC output as a shift light driver in the case the car has a manual and not an automatic.
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
            My 9396 does indeed use the TCC output as a shift light driver in the case the car has a manual and not an automatic.
            Let's just say my 700R4 is sitting under my work bench in my garage because I haven't decided what to do with it yet...

:edit: It's funny how the donor that has the 9396 at my favorite yard looks just like yours does, except it's a 93 and has been in a major front-end wreck...

Comment

I would hope that mine has much more money invested into it than the one at your yard, lol. If mine was in a bad accident, there is NO WAY it would go to the yard with what is installed on it in it's current condition. NO WAY!

Edit: I hope it's not a 5 speed, too.
              Last edited by pocket-rocket; 01-21-2010, 12:03 AM.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                I would hope that mine has much more money invested into it than the one at your yard, lol. If mine was in a bad accident, there is NO WAY it would go to the yard with what is installed on it in it's current condition. NO WAY!

Edit: I hope it's not a 5 speed, too.
                I believe it's got the 4T60E in it. I have (had, actually, or may still have, I don't know at the moment) the driver's door handle off of it (funny how it didn't fit the GP), and I took the driver's side power window regulator back about 4 or so years ago for my Grand Prix, which didn't have one of either. Someone already nabbed most of the engine harness out of it (but left me a nice pigtail on the ECM!), and some other parts, but it seems in rather good shape other than the fact that most everything forward of the engine is missing (no radiator, core support, front bumper or cover, lights, etc).

I must say though, yours looks pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                X