92 Sami with 2.8l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Sami with 2.8l

Hi, my name is Dave, and i've been working on my 4x4 sami and finally got my hands on a 82 2.8l chevy engine. right now it's a work in progress but progression will be fast because i need everything done by end of May this year. I just got in my mods for the engine which consist of a new edelbrock intake manifold, holley 4 bbl carb (modified), MSD ignition sys. with rev limiter, zoomies that will come straight out the hood, and a high performance edelbrock Cam shaft. with these mods i should be running very close to if not over 200 hp and 235 lbs/ft torq. the sami is lifted with SPOA and sus blocks, and i will be adding the yj spring kit for extra flex. i will also be running a 200R4 tranny hooked to a 4:1 tcase, the axles are yota axles with 538 gears and have been welded and locked front and rear. tires are 35" modified boggers which i hope to change to 44s in the near future.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the site, Dave! Sounds like a fun project
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

nice truck....with those mods I give you 170HP and 210lbs-tq...thats just my brain dyno talkin.
      Mike 60degree addict.
      Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
      sigpic
      65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

Originally posted by mickaz View Post
        nice truck....with those mods I give you 170HP and 210lbs-tq...thats just my brain dyno talkin.
        well... the figures i got was from two different desktop style dyno's which have been tested with other vehicles going to a real dyno to see how close the figures were... they came up with around 197 hp and 230 lb/ft torque and i will be getting the carb modifyed so i'm looking at or around the 200 mark but i'm not too concerned about the hp as i am the low end torque.

Comment

is it an iron head 2.8 or an aluminum?
          Mike 60degree addict.
          Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
          sigpic
          65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

1982, its a small journal iron head, edelbrock didnt make carbed manifolds for the aluminum heads...
            Holy short gears batman! 5:38?!? that is
            Sounds like a hell of a project, and ive been dreaming of seeing a 2.8L samurai!
            Great build you got there buddy

You may want to upgrade to a 85 and later block (bigger journals) if you plan on pushing some power out of it... just my 2¢ though...
            Originally posted by Mars
            Haha ^ Wrong Wheel Drive.
            S10 Blazer 4.3, turbo LX9 in its future...
            No 60ºV6 at the moment

Comment

Working...
            X