1988 Oregon Coast Fiero (3100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Oregon Coast Fiero (3100)

Steve Here. About two months back I put another $3,000 in my F-350 Turbo Diesel 4X4 Long Box Crew Cab. Since I was putting wear and tear on it and I live in an 18,000 pound 3 axel 5th wheel, I really needed another daily driver.

I started off on a Saturday to look at $1,000 cars. Everything was a rag. By chance I came across this guy who had several Fiero’s about 35 miles from home. When we went to look it was obvious he wanted more than I wanted to spend, but we talked anyway.

Times are tough here and he said he had a dozen serious buyers but none had any money. He had acquired this red beauty from a local Captain I knew with a 4 cylinder in trade for a V-6 Upgrade he had. The first thing he did was install a 1996 Pontiac 3100 and 4 speed Auto Transmission. He also put the BCDII and Cruise Control in and added Larger Breaks and Buick Axels. Now I was sure it was gonna be too much.

He said he lowered it to $2,400 and I said I had $1,200. He said if I had cash it was a deal. I said give me my keys and I didn’t add please.

That is how I acquired my 1988 Fiero. The upholstery has always been covered and is in excellent shape. The under hood and trunk are immaculate. The Engine Swap is impeccable and this little beastie will snap you back in the seat. I plan on a 1/8 mile run on a local track in a few weeks.

Since I am a current Candidate for Coos County Commissioner, I am on the road everyday and I get 43mph Highway with cruise, and 35mph around town. And that is getting on it. The engine and tranny had 75,000 on them. Every thing on this Fiero is in perfect condition except for a small tear in the front clip which I will repair.
    Last edited by Steve Pickering; 05-04-2010, 04:55 PM.
    1988 Fiero ... 1996 Pontiac 3100 ... 1996 4 Speed Auto transmission ... OBDII ECU ... Cruise Control

That's a nice looking Fiero. Welcome to the site and congrats on what I think is a steal!
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

It was and I am proud of it. He had $2,400 in the engine and tranny. Nice job too. He has done several. You should see his favorite. Caddy Engine and his work is special.
      1988 Fiero ... 1996 Pontiac 3100 ... 1996 4 Speed Auto transmission ... OBDII ECU ... Cruise Control

Comment

Working...
      X