Howdy from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Texas

Thought I would join the forum and share pictures of the reason I am here.

This is a 1988 Celebrity 2.8 with a Getrag 282 5 speed transmission. I purchased this car almost 1 year ago. The paint is obviously tired, but mechanically the car is very sound.
    I added a shift knob more to my liking, the original factory knob split.

Here is one more shot of the car. These were taken prior to getting the tag.

Welcome. Where in Texas?
    sigpic
    1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
    350/NV3500 5spd
    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Not sure why, but I do like those. Would make a hell of a sleeper with a 3400 swap. That may be a bit too much work though and it's running good right now anyway.
      95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
      High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
      Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

@ 19Cutlass94- Thanks! I'm in the Austin area. I also have an older model Cutlass. Always loved the Oldsmobiles!

@Purple pit- Your Beretta looks good. Long term goals are to boost the motor. But other vehicles are in need of attention first.

Comment

Thank you, but that is an old photo. There has been a lot of time, effort and money to keep it going though. So there are plans for TGP parts, that is a good way to go if they can be found. At one time some were for sale here. There was a Celebrity build here and it was a low cost, but good build.

Last edited by Purple pit; 10-20-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link! I will review it many times, I am sure.

Comment

It's a long one, but I loved reading and following it. Hope that it helps!

Did you have a Quad 4 at one time? Or was it an Eco?

Comment

Are you asking about my Olds? No Quad 4 or Eco.... We are talking "old" technology, but I love it anyway.

Comment

Must have been thinking about someone else. Said it before and will say it again: love the Cutlass/442 in the 70-72 range. Not 73 and not until 82(you know what I mean).

Comment

Thanks! I enjoy all my cars. My 71 is a Cutlass with a SBO (Small Block Olds). The vehicle that is currently demanding time + money is my 1959 Chevrolet Apache Stepside. It is slowly coming back together after the cab and bed were removed from the frame. Three cars = three projects. Fun Fun Fun.

Comment

That thing is so pretty! Oh man you have your work cut out for you on the Apache, got to be hard to get parts. Much more easy if it is a 2wd, those old 4wd's are tough and hard to work on from what I hear.

Comment

Actually, the truck won't be bad. I have owned it since 1988 and it is complete. I took it apart to do a one time restore that I hope will outlast me. I've made further progress than this photo represents. But It is down to paint, glass, and the bed.

Comment

Nice! Keeping the big six I see.

Comment

Yes I am. Also have fenton cast iron headers installed. The truck was an SM-420 transmission (4 speed with granny first gear). This is not the most recent photo. I hung the front bumper and temporarily installed the grill and the hood.

I want to get this back on the road so I can drive it.

Comment

Are they like Sanderson headers? You know the funny thing is I know more about mods for the 300 L6 Ford than the Chevy. Man that thing needs a bigger air filter with a K&N.

Comment

Working...
                              X