Well it was a great ride…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it was a great ride…

I have been on this forum for just a few years, Since Oct 2003. I had a 1995 GTP. The time has come to finally let her go but the story behind this is going down in history. I bought the car in 2001 for $7500 from a dealer who got it from an auction from a teacher who traded it for a minivan. One day I needed to get the code to unlock the radio so I went through the paperwork and found the original owners phone number, we chatted briefly and went on our way. Over the years I drove it, fixed it, drove it more, more fixing etc, stored it for 10 years and brought it back to life, crashed it, rebuilt it, drove it and fixed it again. One day I get this text "Are you ready to sell?" I am like what? and he explained who he was, the original owner. I owned it for 20 years and had great time, took care if it and well, it was time to let go. I wouldn't sell it to the kid down the street, I would have kept it, it wasn’t costing me much BUT this is the original owner, how could I have said no? Now he has the car back, it was the car he picked up his wife on their first date, had their first kid, and first job. I am happy it went this way. The story is what matters. He plans on spending some money getting it restored. This is his dream come true.

Ah that is a nice ending, thanks for sharing
    14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Working...
    X