Seat cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat cooler?

Anyone know if and/or where to get a seat cooler. not one of the cheap ones that strap to your seat, but one that is inside the seat like seat heaters? With leather seats i would like to cool them, more then heat them. Thank you

I'm pretty sure some of the new caddilacs come with it and you could probably buy them and modify them to work for your application. But will be expensive either way.
    You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
    ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
    95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

you would have to do a lot of work to use them. They are not just a small pad like the seat heaters.

Every kit I have seen requires you to pull the seat back, and seat bottom off, cut out the sections of foam so that air can pass through (like taking a hole drill for a door knob, and going ALL THE WAY through the foam), then installing small fans into the seat so that air can be forced through. You also have to get a special tool to perforate the leather so that the air can move through it.

I have not looked into the GM ones, but the aftermarket kits I have seen, that is all they are. They are small 12 volt computer fans that blow air into your back.

When I make my custom seats for my car, I was thinking about doing it, but I don't know yet.
      Taylor
      1988 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3100 MPFI
      1990 Pontiac Grand Prix STE 3.1 MPFI
      1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible
      1998 Lincoln Mark VIII
      "find something simple and complicate it"

Comment

iirc older Berettas had a seat vent system.. i seem to remember seeing somekind of ductwork attached to the seats in one...
        Past Builds;
        1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
        1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
        Current Project;
        1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

No one knows of a liquid type cooler otehr then the fans? The fans almost do not seem like they would be worth the effort. Does anyone on here use the fan systems? Is it a large noticable difference? I work at a hospital and when we need to cool a patient we have a very thin liquid filled blanket that circulates cool water. This would be great, except the machine is huge, and all medical equipment normally cost more then my car. Thanks for the replys. I might find a second pair of seats and try the fans.

Comment

Working...
          X