Cavalier - what should I scrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavalier - what should I scrap

My friends 93' Cavalier died this weekend (RIP) but it's just a gasket on the engine but no sense fixing it since the cars worth like $2.

The car is pretty beat up, it has 317,000mi on it. It bogs at 40-50MPH so I assume it's a gasket of short, thus spilling coolant. Just fishing for advice.

My question is, what should I pull from it before scrapping it. I have free rein and I'm looking at working on a manual Alero project for this winter. Although I'm also considering a Park Avenue project instead since I like full-size sedans more. But that's a topic for another time.

I don't think 282's are rare enough to just pull the tranny, though, I don't know.

Also is there any parts I could use on such a project that would be worth pulling before it makes it way to the great junkyard heaven?

where you located at?

pics? you never know, someone on here or V6 might want some parts!

Comment

I'm in Saint Cloud, MN.

Comment

little far for me for big parts
        what is it? VL, RS, or z24?

Comment

The title says VL/RS. It's a 2.2l 5 speed. It's in good share except the body. It was ran into a house and had rust from the winters. It has 200,000mi on the overhaul so that in itself is impressive for a 2.2l.

Comment

the 2.2 4cyl didn't get the HM282 trans, it got the Isuzu scrap pile.

I doubt there is anything worth saving on it...
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
              the 2.2 4cyl didn't get the HM282 trans, it got the Isuzu scrap pile.

I doubt there is anything worth saving on it...
              good to know. I guess it goes to the junkyard. Tough tranny no less.

Comment

Working...
              X