wat brand of oil do u use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wat brand of oil do u use

i was driving my car all day yesterday and around 7 it seem 2 run a little sluggish like it was strugggleing to get to 30mph i put transmission fluid in it but nothing changed i later added a quart of peak motor oil and my hp came back im due for a oil change n i was just wondering wat oil everyone prefers

vavoline durablend for my grand am. Gotta say switching from regular to that it just felt cleaner. But it also depends on how many miles you have. The higher mileage engines should use a thicker oil.
    14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

5w30 Mobil 1 in the 92 (145k miles), Mobil Drive Clean 5000 5w30 in the Ranger (195k miles). Stay away from Fram oil filters too.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

royal purple 10-30 with a k&n gold filter(25k miles)
        MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
          5w30 Mobil 1 in the 92 (145k miles), Mobil Drive Clean 5000 5w30 in the Ranger (195k miles). Stay away from Fram oil filters too.

i have both the low-dollar orange one (PH) and the tough guard series cut apart and inspected now... all kinds of junk.

i happen to prefer Pennzoil when it comes to conventional oil.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I was using mobil 1 for awhile until they got caught cutting their full synthetics with regular oil a few years ago. I use castrol syntec now. Even at 220k km I still get excellent oil pressure with 5w30.
            1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Castrol GTX 5w-30, STP filter. Change every 6000 miles. 179,000 miles, and nary a drop low. When it hits 200,000 I might switch to High Mileage ...nah...
              If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
              sigpic

Comment

I wonder if high mileage stuff just has some tranny fluid in it to swell up worn seals or something.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                  I wonder if high mileage stuff just has some tranny fluid in it to swell up worn seals or something.
                  No they don't just add transmission fluid. But they do add chemical to soften and sweel seals and also detergents to help clean carbon and gunk.

I use Redline 5W30 is all my cars and do extended drains with AC Delco filters.
                  1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                  1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                  Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

from what i've been told "high mileage" oil is nothing special, it can be petroleum or synthetic, just that it's viscosity is RIGHT on the edge of being rated the next step up, i.e. a 5W30 that's ALMOST a 5W40.
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                      from what i've been told "high mileage" oil is nothing special, it can be petroleum or synthetic, just that it's viscosity is RIGHT on the edge of being rated the next step up, i.e. a 5W30 that's ALMOST a 5W40.
                      That makes sense considering how greedy and sleezy the top corporations are. Anyway to convince you to buy 'their' product.

I don't have a special brand but I do dodge generic oils. I like using seafoam in the crankcase several dozen miles before an oil change. Then I use regular oil as a wash up for another several dozen and then add Synthetic 5W30

I did read somewhere a different oil weight was ideal for a turbo since spinning lubrication requires different characteristics then an oscillating oil for pistons. The turbo was better off with oil for a jet aircraft in a closed oil cooling system.

Comment

got my oil changed the shop used kenall 5w30 and i had lucas oil stabilizer added runs much better now

Comment

I used mobil one for years with the beretta.When it was a 2.8 but the past few years castrol edge.Quaker state for the daliy drive.It's a 93 olds with a 3300 i got it for free last summer.Both my cars came free

Comment

yea i stopped using mobil one when i found out that their synthetics werent 100 percent synthetic
                            MODS: DS CAI, TCE 65 mm tb, TCE AFPR, TCE LS lifter springs, WOT ported UIM and LIM, 3500 heads, comp cams valve springs locks and retainers, 1393 grind cam, S&S headers, custom 2.5 in catback, flowmaster 80 series , no rez, and to top it all off, an MPR tune. Among misc gauges and appearence things

Comment

I use napa full synthetic (aka Valvoline Full synthetic) and ACdelco oil filter. Got 171k on my car and it has been beaten with a few bottles of nitrous. No problems here.
                              Pontiac Fuel For Your Soul!

Comment

Working...
                              X