Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 focus. yes i know..

first off, dont say "its a ford" lol.

My girlfriend has an 07 focus se, MPG has been going down hill. it gets 27mpg vs the old 32+mpg. Still getting drove the same route 5 days a week. Its an auto, I believe its a 2.0, It has 90k on it. The air filter is good for 150k or something crazy like that according to the dealer... I call bs.. but its $350 for a new one, yes you read that right. I have yet to try a cone filter because it doesnt look like its very much fun to attempt with fords design lol. Tried overinflating the tires, synthedic oil, new plugs (coil on plug design, no wires).

im out of ideas other than the air filter.. can a fuel filter affect mpg? I dont see how but its a thought.

any proof on a better flowing muffler improving mpg?

do you guys have any ideas? other than selling it lol
    sigpic
    88 Beretta CL- 13.641@102.76mph (rwd LS1/t56 conversion in progress)

77 Celica GT- 3400/3500 swap in progress (engine from the beretta)

A loss of 5MPG is significant. I would check the brakes and hubs to see if anything is dragging. Might be simple like the emergency brake or a hub.

Comment

yeah she has put maybe 20k on it so far.

I never thought of that, I will check those out. thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

3500 swap?

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Jonpro03 View Post
          3500 swap?

And on a side note, you are past the O2 sensor change interval on it
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
          91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
          92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
          94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
          Originally posted by Jay Leno
          Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

lol at 3500 swap

wouldnt that trigger the ses light? that car probly has a few o2 sensors... ill have to check into that

thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alxsmt View Post
              lol at 3500 swap

wouldnt that trigger the ses light? that car probly has a few o2 sensors... ill have to check into that

thanks!
              Being a 4 cylinder, it will have 2. One before the cat (in the exhaust manifold) and one after the cat. Go for the pre cat one in the manifold since that's the one that deals with fueling the most. The second one after the cat doesn't deal with fueling much and is there mostly to make sure your cat works.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

have them check and make sure she dosent have a leak from the cat convertor it could also need a fuel filter is it cold where u live the thermostate tends to open to soon in fords killing ur gas millage in cold weather

Comment

FORD wants $350 for a filter or the local parts store does?
                  1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
                  1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
                  Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

still havnt tried anything yet lol. ford is the only place that sells the air filter. I think k&n makes a CAI for it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alxsmt View Post
                      still havnt tried anything yet lol. ford is the only place that sells the air filter. I think k&n makes a CAI for it
                      Wierd, RockAuto has it for $12.22...

Capture.PNG
                      -Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

hahahahaha 300 dollers sounds like a custom cold air filter

Comment

I dont trust rock auto, ive gotten a few wrong parts from them.. I tried a few autoparts stores. it was about 6 months ago tho, maybe someone has steped up and started making them. the filter is a sealed box.

just noticed the pic you posted. thats the car, and I believe motorcraft is a ford brand too. hmmmm. im going to have to look into that
                          Last edited by Alxsmt; 05-04-2011, 01:25 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, Motorcraft is a Ford brand. That's why I use Motorcraft oil filters on my truck, just like I use Delcos on my car.
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                            X