The Mustang moves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mustang moves!

Ok, so its not under its own power, and likely won't be for many more years... But, we are finally move about 60% of our stuff up to Topeka, and the Mustang is part of it. Unfortunately, until we sell our current house and find a new house, its new resting place will be a barn at my inlaws. Hopefully it won't take too long...

uploadfromtaptalk1344183362893.jpg

Brad via Tapatalk
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

I've always liked the later foxes like that, and that paint job.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I thought I had missed a whole lot of progress! Still is great looking though! Hopefully you'll be able to get it running on it's own power before you expect!
      You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
      ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
      95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

So once we bought a house, I got it moved into the garage, up on jack stands and put the car cover on it. That was November 2012. The car cover has yet to come off...

But, I have been thinking about engine options lately and figured I would get some thoughts... Of course, originally I would thinking a turbo'd 3x00, and that's still on the table (only way Ben will help me). Another route that I've been looking at recently is a complete drive line from a 2016 ATS-V, which would consist of a twin turbo 3.6L mated to to an 8L90-E. Of course, there is also the 3900 out there to think about...
        -Brad-
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
          So once we bought a house, I got it moved into the garage, up on jack stands and put the car cover on it. That was November 2012. The car cover has yet to come off...

But, I have been thinking about engine options lately and figured I would get some thoughts... Of course, originally I would thinking a turbo'd 3x00, and that's still on the table (only way Ben will help me). Another route that I've been looking at recently is a complete drive line from a 2016 ATS-V, which would consist of a twin turbo 3.6L mated to to an 8L90-E. Of course, there is also the 3900 out there to think about...
          Oh I like the thought of the 3.6 TT, Haven't seen any swaps with that!
          14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Originally posted by young gun View Post

Oh I like the thought of the 3.6 TT, Haven't seen any swaps with that!
            I do too, and the fact that I can get the entire assembly, including the harness and PCM makes the swap that much more inviting. And it's listed as 464hp, which as I get older, seems like a decent amount for a light Mustang. Ben brought up a good point the other night while we were texting that it doesn't seem like enough for a Mustang that has a roll cage, and I tend to agree. But, at the same time, I'm not sure any 60V6 built will ever really "need" a roll cage.

I dunno, the whole thing is probably still a couple years out, so plenty more time to see what other crazy ideas I can come up with!
            -Brad-
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post

I do too, and the fact that I can get the entire assembly, including the harness and PCM makes the swap that much more inviting. And it's listed as 464hp, which as I get older, seems like a decent amount for a light Mustang. Ben brought up a good point the other night while we were texting that it doesn't seem like enough for a Mustang that has a roll cage, and I tend to agree. But, at the same time, I'm not sure any 60V6 built will ever really "need" a roll cage.

I dunno, the whole thing is probably still a couple years out, so plenty more time to see what other crazy ideas I can come up with!
              Yeah I was just excited for the LF4, didn't think about the roll caged part of your endeavor however how much does it weigh? It could still be pretty quick considering ATS v is running ~12.1 1/4 mile stock as low at 10.7 with JUST A TUNE at 3,800 pounds. Depending on what else you got going on, you should have that fox under 3,000. With 800 pounds off it should make a good difference.
              14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Great car, I love it.
                Last edited by Marty165; 03-19-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X