Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

Does anyone know if LA1 headers will work on an LG8. I have not been able to find anything about this.

Guess I need to add GAGT to my tapatalk if I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no reason why they wouldn't, assuming the same platform is being dealt with between the two.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Both N body. Found some grand am LA1 headers for reasonable price. Wondering if it would be a direct bolt up to my malibu

Comment

Should bolt up just fine and clear the trans. Down pipe might need to be changed but I doubt it
        14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Thanks

Comment

What brand?
            14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

was looking at obx. They are the cheapest and I would only need them to last until tax time 2015 when I buy my welder, then they would get used as a template to make some from better material with more care taken in the welding process.

Comment

Be aware there has been fitament issues with OBX. The one I can think of is it rubbing against the front head when going to the crossover

Edit: Maybe a little more expensive but a guarantee fit would be the pacesetter headers for N-bodies. I know of a handful who have them.

Comment

have pacesetter desuckified them? i seem to remember leaking and fitment issues galore, not to mention the basic design of them.
                  1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                  Latest nAst1 files here!
                  Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I have never seen a pacesetter product that I would be willing to pay for. Their price isn't much less than the high end stuff and their quality looks shoddy at best.

I had full OBX system on my 325i. Sounded amazing and the only issue was an improperly manufactured "Y"

I took pics and sent it back and they sent me another. Paid shipping and sent me a bunch of other little stuff along with an apology letter

Comment

Best of luck with the OBX then.

Comment

For the cost of OBX products I'd be willing to modify them as needed. I've used some of their stuff before, like their S10 2.8 headers and their F-body cat-back
                        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
                        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

I have installed both the obx and the pacesetters on n-bodys and the Pace setters went on much nicer than the obx. I have the PS's on mine for about a year now and have not had any issues. I do see a little rust starting on them but I did buy them used. So I recommend buying them uncoated and get a quality coating on them like jet hot. If you are going to build your own set next year I would not bother wasting the time / money with getting headers now, but I would replace the front pipe off the rear manifold with a 2.5" pipe because the stock ones are very restrictive. This time next year you may just decide to make some turbo headers!

If you are interested in a front pipe pm me I have my old one for sale that I used until I got the headers.
                          1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
                          1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
                          1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
                          14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
                          9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
                          14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Turbo headers are in the future. But not near. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X