Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Impala 3.4

Hello,

Could someone assist me please? I've been trying to locate information on the drain plug for the A/C for a 2004 Chevrolet Impala 3.4? Theres been a must smell with the A/C in the summer time that Im trying to get ride off by draining it. Basically plugged? I'm not sure. Thanks for your help all.

Jason

I don't know what you are trying to drain, but if you're getting a musty smell, you likely have a mold problem on the evaporator itself.

Comment

A/C Condinsattaoin DRain

Thanks for your response!

Its the drain that releases condensation from your A/C unit when its on in the warmer months. There's a notificable drip of water pellets on the ground when the A/C is on. Mine, however there is none. And yes, there is that unusual odor that eventually disapears.

SOmetmes these A/C Drains can become "Plugged"...

Jason

Originally posted by Heartbeat1991 View Post
      I don't know what you are trying to drain, but if you're getting a musty smell, you likely have a mold problem on the evaporator itself.
      Last edited by BackYardMechanic; 03-15-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

The water on the ground usually drips off the drier or the lines themselves. If there is a drain, I couldn't tell you where it is. I don't know what could even get in there to plug it up. Run it with the windows down for a little bit and hopefully the smell just blows itself out. Check your cabin air filter, too.

Comment

i was going to say check the filter as well, though IIRC, those are only actually used during recirculate mode. otherwise, the system draws in exterior air without filtering it.

if it's like the 1st/1.5 gen w-bodies, then there is a downward pointing rubber elbow(though able to be spun in any direction) on the firewall kind of near the center. that would be the evaporator drain.

if it has been plugged long enough to build up that much moisture, you would probably be further ahead to just access the heater core and evaporator and clean them directly. I know there was a spray released that is supposed to kill off any mold growth on it, but mold is persistent stuff, if you don't destroy all of it, it will come back.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
          X