Motor Vehicle Mechanic Trainee Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Vehicle Mechanic Trainee Permit

in the state of michigan you can get a permit to work under a certified mechanic for two years after which you must take a test to become certified
    has anyone ever done this or something similar to it
    im thinking about it
    i have the application but have no idea where i would go to work under someone
    if anyone has had any experience with this let me know
    I Like V660s
    Does Chevy make beer
    ~Jayme~

The thing that sux about working under someone is that they get paid for any work they help you with. The two year thing is basicly the two years experience the ASE requires you to work before recieving your certificates you can actually take the test before that.
    I was working as a Mechanic waiting for my two years experiance, without any kind of permit. Then again Michigan may have some law stating you need it. Arizona doesn't.

Just go into a shop like your applying for a job, except specify that you want to apply for an apprenticeship under a Master Tech. The best places to do this is probably a dealership, where you would be doing mostly quick service stuff (Batteries, oil changes, etc.). The dealership will also put you in a training program after so many months to progress.
    67 Olds Cutlass 2bbl 330 w/ 2 speed Jetaway

Comment

Working...
    X