Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XLR8ING View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

I just find it funny how there's so much info out there on sizing compressors for a particular engine, but next to nothing for turbine sizing.
    I realize the compressor size is maybe more important, but come on!
    They are all integral parts to making or not making power...turbine characteristics are "less of an issue" since it is been bath in an environment that for the most part keep some constant...plus one size can work on several combos without downfalls*(most of the turbine information for 'older wheels' are propriety); obviously the compressor is literally the oppposite...in any event, the new GT wheels from garrett now publish a two dimensional map of their turbine wheel...helps if one can read and understand what they are reading...
    3800 S3 intercooled turbo...

Comment

Here's some links that helped me choose...

I settled on a A/R of .50, turbine .63 with a 46 trim (intended to buy the 57 trim, but again got scamed by e-bay). I can let you know how it works after the install is finished...
      Links:
      WOT-Tech.com
      FaceBook
      Instagram

Comment

on a 3.1 a .63 is great,i run the same above mentioned turbo on my camaro.
        t3/t4 .63/.50 to4e
        an .84 is the next size up and will have a decent amount of turbo lag
        .48 is a good street only size
        .63 is a great all around street/strip size
        .84 would be for a highly modifed strip only use,could use on the street but prolly wouldnt spool till 4,500+ in first gear
        sigpic

Comment

46 trim is going to be very innefficient. Did you even plot the compressor map?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun41178 View Post
            46 trim is going to be very innefficient. Did you even plot the compressor map?
            46 trim on a 3.1 is good for 18psi and 425ish hp above 18 psi eff starts to drop
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boostedrs View Post
              46 trim on a 3.1 is good for 18psi and 425ish hp above 18 psi eff starts to drop
              Yours a 46 trim also?
              Links:
              WOT-Tech.com
              FaceBook
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                Yours a 46 trim also?
                im amsuming it is,ive never measure it to dbl check,one of these days i will.but it is the same turbo u bought so more then likley it is a 46 trim instead of the 57 trim its supposed to be.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                  Yours a 46 trim also?
                  im amsuming it is,ive never measure it to dbl check,one of these days i will.but it is the same turbo u bought so more then likley it is a 46 trim instead of the 57 trim its supposed to be.
                  sigpic

Comment

Need to measure when you buy the second one so they match. And hope the ad is correct!
                    Links:
                    WOT-Tech.com
                    FaceBook
                    Instagram

Comment

looks like i may be using a single t70 for the time being,ill know in a few days though,but possible trading a set of new slicks/rims i have for a new lc-1 wideband,a slightly t70 .84/.70 has a t3 hotside (so ill swap on a .63 housing). and some massive injectors
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X