grand am 3.4 ebay turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't say garrett on it anywhere.

Godspeed turbos are made in America, but that doesn't necessarily make them better than chinese knockoffs.

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

This is what the guy said about that turbo, air side says a/r.60 then M 24 B.O. Garrett then highlighted in red BD1QOQ THEN AGAIN IN RED 2CD1500 and all the gas side pretty much says is a/r 1.00. Do you think this will work.

Comment

am guessing the hot side is way to big.

Comment

Looks like a diesel truck turbo.

Tim
          1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
          325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
            Looks like a diesel truck turbo.

Tim
            it does look like a cummins turbo. i'll take a pic of one tomorrow if its still at my work. The orginal turbo that is

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

At the end of the day if you buy cheap parts you can be sure that its quality is poor and will not last long. I have heard of countless people using ebay turbos and within a year they break down. If you wanna play your gonna have to pay. There's no sense in going through all the work of turbo charging a car only to put crap parts that will die in a year or two. At least IMO
              Pontiac Fuel For Your Soul!

Comment

For your first build, yeah an e-bay turbo is a pretty good way to go. When you build a hot engine, then look into investing the money in a nicer turbo.
                You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
                ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
                95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

Working...
                X