3500 Sunbird GT Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3500 Sunbird GT Turbo

Hello everyone, I'm new to this car stuff so don't be to rash on me. Info and suggestions would be a big help for me and I build this machine. I will post pictures as I do anything to my car and there will be delays here and there as I'm busy with work and over varies things in my life lol.

Info:
    My nickname is Zee, I'm from Canada, Mississauga Ontario. I'm new to the car world because of my brother in law Dan, he's big into the j-bodys back then, sold a few and scrap a few. He's moved on and now he's driving a mint 2002Camaro Z28 with all the SS goodies, like seats and hood, etc... Also forgot to add with LS1 motor. I've always been into the bike scene and just doing something new for the time being as my bike is down and major carbon fiber and race components are going to be added, custom retro fit headlight, custom headers, custom mirrors the whole works.

Car's I've Owned:
    1996 Honda Civic White with Blue Pearl, with 17's black wheels, slammed(well lowered), type R front lip, front end conversion of 2000 acura el, and it was a 2 door, swap with b16a motor, dc headers with apexi exhaust. My first car, was pretty quick for me anyhow, and I got that in 2006, I bought it that way I didn't do anywork to it just oil changes. Sold to a friend 2007. I'll post pictures of that later.

1995 Plymouth Neon Blue, looked green, but it's blue, you'll see pictures of that later. I loved that car, I bought that off a close family friend, the motor was rebuilt. Long story short, i had to junk yard it, motor was ticking due to no oil in the motor(I should have replaced the oil pan was leaking oil, but I never expected to be all gone going home from a friends place, R.I.P 2008).

1998 Hynudai Accent Turbo, green in color and the stock wing was colored silver, I bought it that way, my friends called it the silver back. This car was almost as fast as my civic. Sold it and the 3 owner(sold Aug. 13, 2009) did 15.83 1/4 @ 83.17 MPH. Pictures later

1991 Pontiac Sunbird SE Black(got her on Aug.13 2009), this where it all started, Dan help me build this thing, swap a 3.5 motor and damn, fell in love with torque, and if it wasn`t for this monster I would have own a civic and turbo that damn thing. Long story short, got into an accident(not my fault, was the dumb driver, he ran a NON PRE GREEN left turn), collect money from insurance and bought the car back, and left over money started to buy my hardcore mods for it. Motor is out and I scrap metal that car, got money for it but I was sad was the only car I`ve owned for 2 years. Pictrures later

1992 Pontiac Sunbird GT Black, bought this super mint original paint, just one flaw, passenger door, key hole lock missing and tiny rust. Bought this Sept. 2010, with 3.1 motor, second owner said it was a clutch bearing and when I start it up, it was the low end to me. Motor blew about 25 Kms away from Dan house got it towed there, been keep there since, the car is stripped and ready to be 3500 Turbo(this very thread is about this build up), it will hit the streets for 2012 around Jan or Feb. I might have to tow it to my house if it snows here and MARCH 2012 with mild or to little snow(crosses fingers), ready to rip the streets

1999 Pontiac Grand AM My current ride, and has GT rims on it, guess what it`s got a 3500 motor. This car will be stock all the way except it already has a 65mm TB and cold intake. Stock ride height no lowering, new rims for next year and that`s about it.

2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 Blue, this is my only true love, bought it in 2006 brand new as a highschool gift to myself, been working for that hard during school. Was blue but now the color is Flat black with 2 tone bronze-gold wheels with flakes. It might come out for summer 2012 but I`m currently working to save money and looking forward going back to school.

CHAPTER 1
    update real soon so tired from typing this and working on the motor since I got back from work, stay tuned
    Last edited by 3500v6turbo; 01-03-2012, 09:29 PM.

Welcome to the forum and if you think the car will be road worthy around Jan. or Feb. based on the info you have provided, you really are new to this car stuff, good luck with your efforts though. There is a wealth of info among the members here and it is highly unlikely that you will need to source another forum to help prepare you to accomplish your goal. Do your research and get all the parts before you dig in. I say that from experience.

I blew up my first turbo motor more than 14 yrs ago on its first run and my last less than a year ago. Turbo power is addictive, and impatience destructive.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-13-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
      Welcome to the forum and if you think the car will be road worthy around Jan. or Feb. based on the info you have provided, you really are new to this car stuff, good luck with your efforts though. There is a wealth of info among the members here and it is highly unlikely that you will need to source another forum to help prepare you to accomplish your goal. Do your research and get all the parts before you dig in. I say that from experience.

I blew up my first turbo motor more than 14 yrs ago on its first run and my last less than a year ago. Turbo power is addictive, and impatience destructive.
      Thanks joseph for the welcome, I was on another forum v6z24forum but I moved it here with more info than usual and details about this build.

Comment

Welcome to the forum x2, feeling great already thought I was the only asian...lol. I still remember before my turbo build I was told to learn every part of the turbo(even though I was still new to holding a wrench, somewhat) I was building and so I just read and read and read, and ask on stuff when I start to not understand something. I still remember reading the 1st like 5 pages of the boost section here and read every post just to gain some confidence, just some though.

The one and most important thing I know right now is, tuning is most important other than having everything mechanically hooked up(my car had a crack in the upper manifold since I got the turbo on, from over torque and vacuum was not even close to being hooked up right, and 1st week noticed fuel injectors not completely plugged in, exhaust leak, etc, nothing was right).

My problem now is probably only tuning that is left(which I hope so, after seeing me leaving out sooo many mistakes).

Comment

Chapter 1

Here are my goods that I've Ordered through out the year, I'm still buying a few things but this is all I got for now. I've been busy so I'll try as much as I can to up date.

*Aem Tru Boost Controller
          *Custom Hybrid Garrett T31/T4 T04E 60-1 with 360T .82 A/R 60 Trim good for 600hp
          *Mishimoto Gold Intercooler
          *Triple RRR Dual feed FPG
          *Wastegate dump pipe
          *Bov adaptor 3.0 pipe
          *3 Bar Map Sensor
          *Wastegate 44mm spring rate at 7psi
          *LX5 65mm TB Adaptor WOT-Tech
          *65mm Throttle Body
          *Buddyclub Turbo Timer W. Security Code
          *Intercooler piping kit 2.5 mix with 3.0 in.
          *X5 3 in hoses
          *Greddy Oil catch can
          *Turbo Oil Lines Kit / T3 Flange
          *APR Headstud Kit WOT-Tech
          *Cometic Gasket WOT-Tech
          *Fuel Pump good for 600hp
          *Turbo Cam�Street/strip / Top End Internals WOT-Tech
          *x6 Siemens Mototron 65lb with new pigtails
          *N1 Titanium Burnt Tip Turbo Exhaust w. Silencer
          *Griffin Aluminum Radiator
          *10 Row Oil Cooler With Sandwich Adapter x2 Braided Lines 48" Long
          *Custom 3" T3 Block Plate