Tgp motor swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tgp motor swap.

Im looking into swapping my tgp engine into my beretta. I wanted a 3400 but i bought the whole car for less than the motor. I know i have to modify the trans mount but i may need a picture of that. I will also need a chip for a 5 speed. What else is envovled in this swap? Btw the tgp is getting an lx9

Keep the stock mount and make a new x-over pipe and down pipe for the turbo if its a 5spd. Automatic if you insist in keeping the stock tgp x-over and its good then rob the trans mounts and frame bracket from the 90s Beretta. You will need to cut the frame mount off its spot welded to frame. There's a slight interference with the tgp down pipe and shifter linkage and will need to be addressed by bending or reangling the shifter linkage. Then cut andreangle the downpipe at the end to connect with the Beretta exhaust pipes.
    88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

You will need to relocate the battery to the trunk or use a slim battery on the passenger side by making a new battery tray. You can't use the Beretta a/c compressor with the tgp oil cooler. If your keeping AC then remote mount oil filter with air oil cooler or use 15w-40 oil .
      88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

Working...
      X