Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Dyno / Quarter Mile Results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Dyno / Quarter Mile Results...

I'm working on an LX9 turbo Swap for my 99 cavalier and I'm curious what people are making for power. I had a rear mounted 3400 94 z24 a long time ago but never made it to the dyno.

Interested in 3400 / LX9 3500 numbers.

Post up what engine / mods / psi you're running hp/tq. #'s and Quarter mile times / trap if you have them.

Also curious what you have for Nitrous setups. I am going to run nitrous this year and next winter finish up the turbo setup. ( I have a spare nitrous kit floating around my garage.)

Mars went 11.13 in his turbo 3500 Camaro, I think he went high 10's on the 3900.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

I hope to have cammed and nitrous 3500 numbers this spring... I know that doesn't help much now.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I've seen a lot about Mars and I have a lot of respect for him, his car and his knowledge. Car is an animal. I can't believe I don't have more response on this one.

I have an LX9, Yellow Valvesprings and that's about it. Slap a little (100 shot) nitrous on it and hope for 12's.

Comment

Caffeine's car has been on the dyno too, I think he put down low-mid 200 HP to the wheels through a 4 speed manual. Superdave put down 275 hp N/a in an automatic Camaro as well.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

205 whp with stock engine/manifolds, 256 whp with cam/valve springs/pushrods (still stock manifolds but slightly ported).
            '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
            '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

'86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

1/4 mile time/video in my signature along with minor mods in a heavier car(N-body) then your 99 J-body.

*man that dyno soon thing was such a lie to myself lol
                14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

I was high 13s with a stock 3400 and 100 shot. I had to go to my hybrid engine with my old cam before I got 12's. Mine is an auto tho and full street trim so that may have slowed it down some.

Got Lope?
                  3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                  Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                  Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                  12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                    I was high 13s with a stock 3400 and 100 shot. I had to go to my hybrid engine with my old cam before I got 12's. Mine is an auto tho and full street trim so that may have slowed it down some.
                    With refreshed air conditioning! lol
                    14.63@92.9 -Full LX9 with CAI, 65MM TB, 2.5in DP, Borla Cat-Back, Crappy tires, Quick tune (Dyno Soon)

Comment

Well this gives me a decent idea of what to expect however I do expect to run mid 13's on N/A and mid to low 12's on the laughing gas. "with tires of course"

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamka View Post
                        Well this gives me a decent idea of what to expect however I do expect to run mid 13's on N/A and mid to low 12's on the laughing gas. "with tires of course"
                        Sounds about right!

Comment

SO!!! traction is a serious issue with this car. All it wants to do is boil the tires off of it.

I ran a best of 14.1@99 n/a.

I ran a best of 13.099@109 nitrous

Also had a nice trap once 13.3@113

Nitrous got expensive so now i'm rolling with a .60 trim turbo under the hood trying to put down 11 psi.

Had 36# injectors that I maxxed out. Can't grab traction until about 85mph... and by then it was out of fuel anyway.

Just put 60#injectors in the other day and now I need to retune it and give it hell to see how she is.

Once it feels like it's tuned halfway decent i'll take it to the dyno for some numbers.

Unfortunately the track is closed for the season here.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
                            205 whp with stock engine/manifolds, 256 whp with cam/valve springs/pushrods (still stock manifolds but slightly ported).
                            What cam was that?
                            sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
                            - Ben

Comment

Custom WOT-Tech originally purchased by Mars on here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                              '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Working...
                              X