Cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold air intake

Will installing a cold air intake improve my 2006 Buick Rendezvous CXL's fuel consumption and horsepower? I am on the verge of ordering one on 4wheelonline. Please enlighten me.
    Truck Accessories and Truck Parts at the LOWEST PRICES at 4WheelOnline, including Dodge, Ford, Chevy, Toyota and Nissan Truck Accessories and Parts.

This should be in the Pushrod Performance sub forum I believe but honestly you won't gain more than a few hp, for my 3.9L Uplander, an intake gains about 5hp according to K&N's dyno. That isn't enough to even be noticed and probably not worth the expense if you're looking for actual performance/fuel economy gains. Unless you're looking for a little more sound from the intake tract, you'd probably be better off with a drop in AEM Dryflow style filter or just keep your OEM filters changed properly. I've always had intakes on my vehicles along with other power mods but with my Uplander, the intake seems fairly free flowing and not worth the trouble so I'm just running an AEM Dryflow drop in filter which flows a little more than stock and has a tad more growl than stock filters.
    I tried to get ColdAirInductions to make me one but they wouldn't even respond to emails lol. They claim 12hp at the wheels for their insulated cone filter with larger intake airbox.

Comment

Working...
    X