No announcement yet.

Turbo Teaser Pics! More tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

l67 Lumina eh? Well, since ya have that good ole' turbo'd monte now, u could always let me take that off your hands so I can toss it into the z34 and stop gettin' stomped by preludes

My car sucks below 3500rpm

Comment

Looks REAL good man, and is my ambition..

..I'm with tim though (As he has given me much info on this matter)..

..I may use a similar setup as you have used (The IC looks real promising to me as I will be dropping a blown DOHC into a Lumina sedan w/ a Z34 nose on it lol)..

..One thing I am worried about is that lag.. What type of tuning have you done/will you do to work with the lag? I want my turbo to spool up early enough to blow off the line, and let the speedo fly from there..

..Keep us posted man.. Looks REAL good like I said

90 Chevy Lumina: 3.1L V6; swapping out for TLQ1
      94 Cutty Supreme: 3100 V6
      Soon: Something new?

Comment

Originally posted by 93z34
        l67 Lumina eh? Well, since ya have that good ole' turbo'd monte now, u could always let me take that off your hands so I can toss it into the z34 and stop gettin' stomped by preludes
        LOL unfortunatly i sold the L67 Lumina in december. FUN ASS CAR! it will stop most of the stock/lightly modified V8 stangs and camaro's up here. hondas arn't even worth the trouble anymore... Quit being fun after about the 10,000th one i destroyed You need to put a 50-75 shot of squeeze on your Z. Makes a HUGE difference. there is a guy from colorado springs that ran a 17.x stock and w/ a cone filter and with i want to say a 50 shot (maybe 75 shot) he ran a 14.5. 3 full seconds off his 1/4 mile times. Very impressive! the DOHC's esp. in colorado (5000+ ft altitude) are SLOW, alt. kills these cars. i bought my monte in min. and could roast the tires for as long as i wanted but up here can't even get them to chirp... Sad! thats why i went to boost.

S
        Shane "RedZMonte"
        2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
        1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
        -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
        2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
        1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
        1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
        1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
        1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by StEvEzAsYcHo
          ..One thing I am worried about is that lag.. What type of tuning have you done/will you do to work with the lag? I want my turbo to spool up early enough to blow off the line, and let the speedo fly from there..

..Keep us posted man.. Looks REAL good like I said
          No tuning as of yet. Everything is stock, the 12:1 FMU and walbro 255hp pump are the only things i have done. i want to go to a '96-97 OBDII setup. the FMU works for now tho. with the obdII i will run larger injectors and use DHP or Powertuner to change all my timing/spark/fuel/ect... as for spool up, turbo's have lag... thats the nature of the beast. all turbo's lag. i need to open up my exhaust and let it flow out better. im probably going to match my midpipe to my Downpipe (2.5") mandrel bent of course. that should help my spool up time a little bit. I currently have the borla kit wich works great for a NA motor but being 2" mandrel bent it is not cutting it with the turbo. the nice thing about my car tho is because its an auto i only have to worry about spooling the turbo once. it is allways in boost when it finally spools up.

S
          Shane "RedZMonte"
          2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
          1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
          -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
          2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
          1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
          1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
          1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
          1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I am goin manual, that is why lag is going to nbe a concern for me..

..I will also be running a 3" catless madrel exhaust..

Your build looks real awesome, and I am stoked to do mine as well.. Keep it up!

90 Chevy Lumina: 3.1L V6; swapping out for TLQ1
            94 Cutty Supreme: 3100 V6
            Soon: Something new?

Comment

Working...
            X