Gen 2 60 degree V6 and A-body parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale : Gen 2 60 degree V6 and A-body parts

I am putting all the goodies I have up for sale. All prices do not include shipping unless noted.

The following items have been sold:
    -Ported heads
    -Celebrity rally wheels

A-body-specific
    -Steering column. Column shift, tilt, cruise, pulse wiper. Came from an '89 Century. Comes with a new key. $20.
    -Mounts. Two engine and one transmission mount, for a 60 degree V6 4 speed A-body. I think the trans mount was the most expensive at $24, so I think $30 for all three is reasonable.

Gen 2 60 degree V6
    -Ported intake manifold. Purchased from WOT-Tech. Says "3.1 MULTIPORT FI", so it's obviously meant for a 3.1, but it's physically the same as a 2.8 intake. I had this painted black and silver, but the finish is real rough now. Paid over $200 including core charge. This manifold is no longer available from WOT-Tech. $120.
    -Gaskets. Intake manifold, exhaust manifold and valve cover gaskets for a 2.8/3.1. Head gaskets for a 1991 F-body 3.1, which is a Gen 1 iron head engine. They are 0.020" thinner than stock aluminum head gaskets, but my research indicates they are a match otherwise. Good for bumping compression. I don't remember what I paid, but $60 will get you all of them.
    -1.6:1 ratio stamped rocker arms. These came from a 1994 3100 but are compatible with 2.8/3.1 heads. Stock rockers are 1.5, so this is a 10% increase in lift without changing the cam. Purchased from 60degreev6 member 88GTU for $75. $40.
    -Spark plugs. 6 AC Delco plugs, part number 19157998. Looks like they're copper. Retail for about $3 each. Six for $10.
    -Vacuum EGR valve. These are prohibitively expensive these days. I picked up two from a yard a while back, and scored, so I'm not going to gouge. However, I was not able to remove the exhaust tube from either of them, so I broke it off. How does $15 each sound?
    -Air conditioning compressor. I had an issue with the torque strut bracket the compressor bolts to, so I removed it in preparation for replacing that bracket. I ended up having to scrap the car before that could happen, so I still have it. The AC was non-functional due to a damaged hose, but worked until the hose broke. The pulley spins freely, so I doubt the clutch is bad. $30 plus shipping.

Miscellaneous
    -Steering wheel. Came off the Celebrity. It's intended for Chevrolet cars, but could probably be used in just about any GM car of the period. $20.
    -Radio. Stock radio for the Celebrity, 2 EQ. To my knowledge the tape deck doesn't work. I only tried it once, with one of those tape deck converters so you can play CDs or MP3s through it, and all it did was continually change direction. I honestly don't know how much these are worth. Make offer.
    -Aftermarket W-body dogbones, '97+ I believe. They're sold by ZZ Performance for $120. Made of billet aluminum, with poly bushings. Bushings could probably stand to be replaced. $80 shipped.

Pictures available upon request, but most of the stuff listed here can be seen in My all-purpose Count George VI thread on a-body.net.
    Last edited by LeftVentricle; 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM. Reason: Sold some stuff
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

85 views and no responses. No one is interested in gen 2 parts?
    Kaiser George IX: 1996 Buick Century Special wagon. 213-SFI. 250k miles. Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. First documented LX9 swap in an A-body! Click here to read my build thread!

Comment

You have any other valvetrain parts? Looking for pushrods...

Comment

Same here, I need gen 2 puhrods...
        Originally posted by Mars
        Haha ^ Wrong Wheel Drive.
        S10 Blazer 4.3, turbo LX9 in its future...
        No 60ºV6 at the moment

Comment

No pushrods, sorry guys.

Comment

I loled quite a bit reading this.. have a gen2 3.1.. poor A-body enthusiats,, i had one for a month.. almost everything fell off of it

Comment

Originally posted by Fierobuffoon View Post
              poor A-body enthusiats
              Yeah, no shit. Any sort of mods have to be cribbed from other, more popular platforms.

Bumping this because I found my air conditioning compressor. I took it off the Celebrity in preparation for the replacement of the broken aluminum torque strut bracket. The AC was non-functional due to a damaged hose, but worked prior to that. I don't know how much used compressors go for. I imagine this would work for just about any 2.8/3.1 car. Make me an offer.

Comment

gen2 parts

if you still have gen2 eng. parts,could yo tell me more of whats done to the heads? are they fresh or used? do you have ported lim as well as uim? give me a price on all the gen2 parts you got shipped to 17406 york,pa. i started reading the a-body thread till i could not take all the bashing going on.what i always say(to each his own). i'm glad to see you taking interest thanks & take care!!

Comment

The heads have been gasket matched, decked (slightly, unknown amount, that's how they came to me), valves unshrouded in the chamber, with a multi-angle valve job and had 3500 valves installed. The intake valves are 0.040" larger than stock, the exhaust are the same size. Both are lighter. The intake is from WOT Tech; details here on its page. If you want the rockers and gaskets, I'll throw those in as sort of a package deal. That would give you the maximum benefit, since you'd be getting 10% more lift over stock without changing the cam, and compression would be up to around 9.4 or so. I'd do that for $300. It might take me a little while to find out about shipping, since the heads are pretty hefty and the intake and gaskets are bulky and odd-shaped.

Thanks for responding.

Comment

gen 2 parts

are heads still fresh or used? do you have lower intake as well? yes i'd be thankful if you threw in the rockers and gaskets. i'm interested.let me know when you got shipping price. oh yea also what valve springs where used on the heads?

Comment

The heads are used, but they're clean. Lower intake is included. As far as I know, the valve springs are stock.

Comment

do you have any current pics. of parts? hope to here about shipping price soon. i'm still interested. i would like to get my build underway. sorry for all the questions! thanks!

Comment

This post shows the intake, heads and rockers.

This post shows the gaskets and heads after the valves were installed.

This post has more and better pics of the heads.

Comment

thanks for pics. let me know when you got a price for shipping.

Comment

hello? did you sell the parts yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X