GI: 5 spd swap/car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GI: 5 spd swap/car

Ok, here is the story, i bought a 1992 grand prix se 5spd. The car had a rebuild motor and a brand new tranny put in in 2002. They have about 30,000 miles on them. Well, i blew the engine. I think it was leaking coolant into the the crank case and then siezed the motor. I decided that i would like to rebuild the engine, but I am not going to put it back into the car so I am going to part it out. The car ran good till the motor went. There is rust on the passanger door and passanger wheel well, and around the gas tank door/wheel well. Car also has other little things wrong like the antenna, turn signal switch, crack in dash, and front seat arm rest. The big reason someone would buy this is for the tranny, axels, shift linkage, and other 5spd componets. I would like to sell the car as a whole minus the engine, but will part things out if nesassary. If i do part it out, the car must remain as a rolling chassie at least so i can bring it to a junk yard. I am planning on taking out the engine but will include the engine if the price is right. I am adding a couple pics and they are the only ones i have now. I will take more pics next weekend.
    Attached Files

where are you?
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

sorry. the car is in savage, minnesota.

Comment

oh......the transport fees would cost more than i would be willing to pay for the car.

plus i usually avoid rust buckets from the north. no offense.

not unless u know some1 to deliver it to VA. anywho by the odd chance you do i will make an offer of $750 including delivery.
        Last edited by dohcfiend; 03-26-2007, 07:23 PM.

Comment

sorry, the car doesnt drive and I dont know anyone going down to va.

Come on, someone has got to want this. I will wait a 2 weeks or so and then start parting it out.

Comment

How much would you want for the entire car? With a blown motor I couldn't give you much but if we could meet on a price I may be interested.
            I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

i'm not sure what i want on price right now. I have been doing some research to see what they are worth.

I know that the tranny isnt easy to find, and this tranny only has 30k miles on it with a newer clutch. I know that the car alone isnt worth much, but with the tranny and all 5spd compenents it is pretty valuable, at least to me. If i get an offer that I think is fair, I will sell. Otherwise I will start disassembly in about 2weeks and hold on to the parts till there is more of a demand. Shoot me an offer through pm and we can talk.

Comment

hmm got plans for that fiero in front of that gp huh?

Comment

i wish. not my fiero actually. Its my friends. iirc, it is a 86 gt. It is destined for a northstar swap.

Comment

if there is no interest in the whole car, is there any interest in just the 5spd swap parts? tranny, shift linkage, axels? I would like this gone soon. The faster it goes the better.

Comment

How much you looking for the 5-speed stuff?

Comment

pm me a resonable offer and lets go from there.

Comment

Shipping would be a bitch. Don't think I can afford it.
                          Last edited by bve32k; 03-28-2007, 08:20 PM.

Comment

i may be interested in the tranny stuff to keep as spares but all i would need would be the tranny/linkage/axles and the ecu for the heck of it. you can keep/sell the rest of the mounting hardware and clutch/pressure plate/flywheel.

why are you getting rid of it all anyway? if u are re-building the engine and not putting it into the fiero then what are you going to do with it?

the auto's really kill the lq1 w-bodies and the 5 spds are the only things that do them any justice. but you can easily put an auto in that car of yours if u like.

lastly, do you have any proof the tranny is/was new?

it seems suspect that you want to keep the blown engine but not the almost new tranny.

Comment

the motor is going to be going into a fiero, just not that one.

I am getting rid of it because i am in college and i do not have a garage to store it in long term. I would have liked to rebuild the motor and put it back in the car, but that just isnt an option right now.

the reason i want to keep the engine and not the tranny is because from what i understand the 282 is better/easier for a fiero swap then a 284. I dont have proof of the new tranny, but i can contact the previous owner and get the name of the shop that did it and see if i can get a copy of the invoice or something.

i think that answers all your questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X