Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994-1995 OBD1.5 Reflashing...

This is the ECM correct? 16196387
    These guys have cracked the LT1 94-95 OBDI flashed based ECMs. http://www.carputing.com/

Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Maybe they can create something for us? $200 is what they charge to give you the software and you use an ALDL cable and re-flash it like you do with OBDI.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Hmmm...I would be very interested in this. I just finished wiring an engine swap using the 94-95 F-body 3.4 ECM, and found out that there was no tuning support for it like the day after I fired up the engine. I've been considering changing ECM's, which would, of course, require repinning connectors, or replacing the harness. If I could tune the setup I've got, I would be very happy.

Comment

Running a 3100 on the iron head Fbody ECM? Wow. Those iron heads have a ton of spark advance... how does it run?
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Actually, it runs fairly good, but it is running a little rich. I'm assuming it's mostly because of the displacement difference, but when I was doing the swap, I had planned on using HPT to tune it anyway, but I didn't realize it wasn't OBD 1, but the OBD 1.5.

I'm thinking of taking it down to NAPA and having them flash it with the 95 Grand Am 3100 tuning and seeing what happens, but then I'll have to send it out to get the auto trans settings removed, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. That's why this thread caught my attention.

Comment

If you get it re flashed you'll still have to deal with the pinouts or a new harness... OBD1.5 3100 code won't throw any SES lights for lack of auto transmission but you will have a big of a surging idle when slowing to a stop.

Best to downgrade to OBD1 and get a chip burner or emulator, or upgrade to OBDII and get the HPT/DHP.

I wonder how different the pinout is on say a 93 F-body ECM to the 94 ECM?? That might be the ticket. Then edit the tables to stuff that more closely matches the aluminum head engines.
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

well regarding the reflashing for the 94-95 3100, the pinout is actually the same, it's the same ECM. The only difference is that the F-body has an O2 sensor for each bank, but the 3100 only has one. Everything else is the same.

As far as the 93 F-body, I believe that used a 7730, but also didn't that engine (the 3.1) use a distributor still? I thought the 94 was the first RWD V6 that went with the DIS. I could be wrong.

Comment

If you reflash it, then the outputs will change... so you'll have to change some wires... is what I mean. Meaning you cant just swap say a fbody flashed ECM into my car and have everything run fine minus 1 o2 sensor.... if it does that would be very lucky lol

Ah yes the 3.1 did use distributor. So you'd need a 7730, with $A1 code and wiring harness. The $a1 is like beretta/cavilier 3.1mpfi w/DIS and aluminum heads. Basically you are at a dead end with the ECU you have unless carputing can decode the bin. You need to go obd1 or obdII... Not sure which is the easier route with your harness...

I need to email them. Once I get my cable I might try pulling the bin via their software or tunercat. Then send it off to someone to decode..
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Well I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to change ECM and wiring, but stumbling upon this thread sparked a little hope.

Needless to say, if 1.5 code gets cracked, I'd be pretty psyched.

As far as the F-body and N-body ECMs using the same pinout, I've had my hands on the N-body schematic, and I'm pretty damn sure they're the same. I'm going to track down a service manual for the Grand Am now and compare the pinouts side by side. With luck, even if I have to change some wires, there won't be a ton of them.

Comment

I'll see about emailing them tomorrow.
                  Original L82 Longblock
                  with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Yeah, I was planning on emailing them or giving them a call as well. Maybe if enough people do so because of your thread, they might think about doing something.

Comment

I would think they would be able to pull the bin and flash the ECM, it's just modifying their software to support the V6 parameters is what I think they might not like. I'm sure they could decode the bin or someone could.
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Ok I fired off a couple emails to people who have access to our PCM's. The problem is they just do not have all the stuff mapped out so they don't know where the tables are. Example fastchip can remove the rev limiter and change shift points but can't access fuel tables. They can reflash with this info and send you a new PCM. They use tunercat.

Anyway, hopefully something can come of this, we just need someone who can take a crack at decoding the stuff. The tools to read the bin and upload a new one are already out there.
                        Original L82 Longblock
                        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

If they could find a way to crack it I would more than likely pay to try out one of their PCM's
                          sigpic
                          1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
                          3400/Getrag 284 5spd
                          1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
                          350/NV3500 5spd
                          2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

Ok, Carputing is too busy with the 2008 PCM's and rightly so to mess with our older stuff.

Fastchip doesn't have full access to our ECM either, and can only do a few things.

I might try contacting TunerCat next and seeing if they will make a definition for our ECM and support reflashing with their program. Since they do so with the $EE (94-95 flash LT1 PCMs).
                            Original L82 Longblock
                            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Well nothing to report on reflashing. But Looking at moates ALDLstuff.zip I found several datastream files that are interesting. Here is some quick notes I've made from just reading quickly through them:

All appear pretty similar just some lack info for the 2nd fan turn on, or transmission extra gear stuff. Just quickly going through them they all seem to receive data in the same spots. The most complete one appears to be
                              the A260 W body with 4T60-E and should work for other cars. Not sure why some are labeled as 3spd??

A259 94-95 N body (carry over)
                              A227 93? W body? ??
                              A260 94-95 W body (carry over) 4T60-E (use this one to make .ADS files)
                              A261 W body (carry over) 3 spd??
                              A256 94 L body 10 word# shows trans temp sender that A277 does not? Also 15 PRND Flags. 38 diff and a few minor others.
                              A277 95 L body (new data stream) 3 spd??

A263 94-95 A body Uses different addresses. Must be the A body removable PROM 3100. (has MAF)

So the A260 seems to be best for all 3100 apps mainly. I will be going over the Ryan Hess .ADS and adding stuff if I find any I want to add. I'm going to add the Trans Temp one but not sure if it is supported by my car. According to A256 it is in 94, but not 95 in A277? LOL

--
                              Also for you guys with the Iron head 3.4 F-body you can read the datastream files and make your self a .ADS for TunerPro RT to scan and read error codes if you wanted. The files/info are there just gotta make the .ads.
                              Original L82 Longblock
                              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Working...
                              X