No announcement yet.

88 2.8 hm282 w/MAF Definition File ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 2.8 hm282 w/MAF Definition File ?!?

I have turned my 88 2.8 into a 2.8 turbo. I would like to compare some of the changes in the manual transmission code to the 8F that I have. I know there are hundreds, but I'd like to see what I can find. I have my old chip and a way to read it, but no definition for it. Anyone know what it is and where I could find it?

Thanks,
    Jon
    Last edited by ghrarhg; 07-25-2008, 08:06 AM.

those should help...

the links on Bstuff are broken but i probably have any bins that you may be looking for.. just ask.
    Last edited by Superdave; 07-24-2008, 12:12 AM.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

It seems that 88-90 definition for the J-body is 6D. Is this the same for a MAF W-body car? According to this website 6D is MAP based
      Last edited by ghrarhg; 07-24-2008, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Anyone??

Comment

Ditch the MAF and go with a newer code

I have some of the $A1 codes and defs posted on V6z24.com, you can compre that way.

Also, since you are boosting check out http://www.code59.org/

it's a boosted code with very good support. It runs on the 1227730 ecm (which you should have). Even has wideband controll
          Past Builds;
          Current Project;

Comment

I'm not running the MAF, I just wanted a definition file for it so I could read my existing chip and try to make some changes to the 8F code for driveability. If you know where i can get a 2.8 5 speed bin and definition that isn't MAF, I'll go that route.

Right now I'm running $8F with the wb/o2 patch so i can datalog my WB. The code seems to have some changes made to it for a manual, but there are some driveability issues. MY Ecm is a 727.
            Last edited by ghrarhg; 07-29-2008, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I was talking with Frank (88ragtop on v6z24.com) last weekend about the TGP code with the 5 speed manual patch. He was saying that the patch only made a few changes and there were alot more that needed to be done to make it a true 5 speed bin. he was working on that for his 3.1 turbo Cavalier.

The $A1 mask 3.1 code is the latest and greatest, there are very few VE differences between the Gen2 2.8 and 3.1 so i'd start there since $A1 has a great .xdf.

I'll see if i can get Frank to logon here and post up any other info he has. He's been working on the TGP code alot though. he should be able to help more in depth with the driveability issues.
              Past Builds;
              Current Project;

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
                I was talking with Frank (88ragtop on v6z24.com) last weekend about the TGP code with the 5 speed manual patch. He was saying that the patch only made a few changes and there were alot more that needed to be done to make it a true 5 speed bin. he was working on that for his 3.1 turbo Cavalier.

The $A1 mask 3.1 code is the latest and greatest, there are very few VE differences between the Gen2 2.8 and 3.1 so i'd start there since $A1 has a great .xdf.

I'll see if i can get Frank to logon here and post up any other info he has. He's been working on the TGP code alot though. he should be able to help more in depth with the driveability issues.
                Yeah, that 5 speed patch that was running around was barely a start in the right direction IMO.

There's many changes that can be made to improve drivability.. If you explain your issues, I'll try to point you in the right direction..

- Frank

Comment

Damn Frank.. LOL
                  Past Builds;
                  Current Project;

Comment

I believe the code I have is a little better than just the patch. It's labeled RyannewJune23, I can't remember which forum I got it from, may have been v6z24, but it has quite a few changes made to it. I believe there were a few people that said the driveability was good.

Anyway, my trouble is it's start up and idle pretty well, but then it dies within a minute or two. Same thing when coasting to a stop. If I tap it with my foot to keep it running and then let it go, it usually will recover but idle's very low and bogs quite a bit.

I've tried leaning out idle, but it seems that as I cut fuel, the IAC valve closes more and more until it dies. If it's pig rich, it idle's ok, but my ECM is trying to cut fuel like crazy.

Also, the recovery is a bit slow. If it starts to die, and I push the clutch in, it still dies. If anyone has a 5 speed code they can send me, I don't mind going though the differnces and trying them one at a time. I have an Ostrich, so changes are easy.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
                    Jon

Comment

I belive the 5spd 8f code that is flying around is a bad code. I think it was some guys that was on TGPForums that had a bad prom reader and editor. Theres another 5spd 8f that TGPilot has from KAZ Motorsports thats more refined. You still won't get the logic part of the code to get the shift light to work though. But thats the least of your worries.

Cobracmd or something like that is running a 2.8 with a 5spd on a white GP. He can prob help you out more.
                      88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

i think he may want the 5 spd constant numbers like me.
                        89 BerettaGT 3400 5spd
                        60' 2.106 street tires
                        Best ET 14.313@95.37 N/A

Now Boosted
                        14s@109 (poor tune still rich, poor driving skills, poor owner)

Comment

For anyone running boost, I would suggest looking at and using $59. www.code59.org

This code works VERY well with 5-speed (that's what I run), has 3 BAR VE table that has been extended and more defined, along with extended RPM in the VE table. WBO2 logging AND closed loop fueling control.

I used $8F in my old Jimmy, and was never happy with it, I didn't get into the tuning of the bin itself (that was before I got the equipment to do so), but even with mechanical tuning and set up in a way that was close to the stock TGP (other than the tranny), it would stall more often then not when coming to stop, and had to hold the throttle down for initial warm up.

Comment

Working...
                          X