Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get a scan tool for a 94 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a scan tool for a 94 Camaro?

Just like the title says, I am looking for a scan tool that can read codes off of my 94 camaro ECM. This one http://www.jegs.com/i/Sunpro/885/CP9001/10002/-1 says it's for ALDL but it does not list the camaro as one of the ecm's it can scan. Any help?

any experience with this one? http://www.gadgetsgalorestore.com/go...ils.php?id=134

Where does that give output? It just looks like a black box.

Comment

TunerPro and ScannerPro will work with our OBD1."5" ECMs. I have a definition but it's for the 3100's not the iron heads. It *may* work however... I have not looked at the differences in the ALDLstuff.zip file yet for it. One could be coded/created from the info. You need an ALDL cable and a laptop for this though.
      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
      Original L82 Longblock
      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

gotcha.

Does the one that I posted in my second post work on a 94 camaro? I don't think that one requires a cable and laptop.

Comment

The only scanner I've used that would actually even plug into my car was a $$$$ snap on.... That's why I built an ALDL interface box and got some definitions for TunerPro/ScannerPro.

Don't know about that one you posted. I don't see a screen on it... maybe it does need a laptop?? I see it doesnt support 94-95 berettas etc.. but it does say 3.4l camaro/firebird... Makes me wonder...
          sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
          1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
          16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
          Original L82 Longblock
          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
          Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
            The only scanner I've used that would actually even plug into my car was a $$$$ snap on.... That's why I built an ALDL interface box and got some definitions for TunerPro/ScannerPro.

Don't know about that one you posted. I don't see a screen on it... maybe it does need a laptop?? I see it doesnt support 94-95 berettas etc.. but it does say 3.4l camaro/firebird... Makes me wonder...
            Yeah, I am not sure that's why I am posting here. The one that I posted is also sold as a set with a Ford scanner, and the ford scanner comes with a cable. I am assuming if this one needs a cable it would come with it.

Also my port will be easy to get to since its a custom wiring harness. I just need this for my 3.4 project. The engine is not actually in a camaro.

Also, Aquuis (or whatever the brand is) is known for making code readers and I thought they were fairly reputable, and every where I see this scanner listed it is listed the same way...as being able to read the camaro 3.4.

I was hoping someone here has used it before and can let me know if it works or not. If it does not work then how are people scanning codes from their 3.4 camaros?

Comment

summit has the instructions for this scanner online. According to the instructions you plug this scanner in and it flashes the fault codes through the check engine light. Then you use the manual that comes with the scanner to see what the flashed code means.

Comment

Working...
              X