Code 42 with 1227730 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 42 with 1227730 ECU

I may have asked in the wrong section (Introduction9 so will try again.

2.8 or 3.1 V6 engine. fitted in a lamborghini replica.

OK, after pulling more wires out which were apparently open ended codes 54 and 43 have mysteriously gone, I am now stuck with a code 42. Can anybody explain what the ECU might be telling me (42 - The EST signal did not change when the ECM applied bypass voltage to the ignition module) and what the possible causes are? Checked signals with scope and digital pulses equivalent to 6 cylinders firing in 2 revolutions is normal, CKP signal also normal, inductive pulse, every 6th pulse is a double one.

Thanks guys.

Pinout of this car as it stands today attached to my last post in introduction.

-Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

thanks Brad, I was just going to post that I found that article! It explains where I have to find the fault, I believe it may be in the ground connection because all the grounds with reference to the ignition module have spikes of 300 mV on the oscilloscope each time a digital pulse on the EST is high, probably a sensitive detection system...

I also found what I believe to be the exact wiring diagram for the ECU on "www.v6z24.com" here in the form of a GIF file.

Thanks for all your help. If I can return the favor donīt hesitate to ask.

Comment

Working...
      X