Adding an ECU to a carbed truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an ECU to a carbed truck

I have a post in pushrod performance but some people are getting sidetracked so I thought I would add it here. I want to put MPFI in my 83 S-15. I have a motor and it will be a 3.2 when I am done. I am using a 700-R4 also. Now, can I just remove the harness, ECU, and sensors and such from a Camaro and put it on top of my enigine and plug it in and call it a day? Some one said to use the ECU from a manual tranny to work with my 4-spd auto. Or do I have to change my instument cluster as well. I would also like to use the ECU from a fwd 3.1L car instead of the 2.8 ECU or will it even matter for the size difference 2.8L going to a 3.2L. I just thought the 3.1 program would suite the 3.2 better or is there a difference. Also, can I install the ECU, harness, ect.. along side my carbed wiring harness as a stand alone system without cutting out my harness in the truck? Is there feed back from the instument cluster or can I just keep running my gauges. I am new to reprograming an ECU so how hard is it, I would like to make a cam change (3.4L conversion cam) and I would like to have good power. I also would like to keep my MSD system in place. Am I nuts for wanting this or thinking it can be done????
    Why pay someone to do the work, it costs alot and you don\'t learn s*^t!!!
Working...
X