No announcement yet.

'04 Venture 3.4 into '96 Grand Prix 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a 7CFM /w I 2G tank and 125/35psi and 2HP Electric Motor would be good enough for basic stuff?

IE. Removing the Crank bolt, Sanding, maybe air hammer, painting, and then just basic tightening. I doubt I'll use it for breaking much. Just the repetitive loosening and tightening.

I noticed some with SCFM. Is there any difference? Standard vs just CFM? These was a decent deal on a SCFM 6, 15G tank, 2HP (maybe it was more.)

Originally posted by pontiacdohc@gmail.com View Post
    As Far As Compressors Go Its Not The Psi U Have To Worry About Its The Cfm Look For One With At Least 5.5 Cfm If You Plan On Running Anything Like And Die Grinder,impact Or Hammer.

ALSO THE WALL MART SHIT, I JUST GOT A SET OF THEM FOR CHRISTMAS THEY SEEM TO BE ALL RIGHT BUT I ALWAYS CHECK BY HAND TO SEE SEE IF STUFF IS TIGHT OR NOT, BUT AS FAR AS BREAKING BOLTS LOOSE THERE GOOD SO FAR!

Comment

you should be more then fine with a 6.0 SCFM witha 15 gal tank, not gonna lie thats gonna be a good set up i use a portable 5.3 SCFM/10 gal tank and it works fine inless your trying to play nasscar or ur sanding for long peroids of time.
      I have done allot with that little compressor just rectenly removed and installed a a 3100 long block in a 2000 Grand Prix and it helped alot!
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro 30th Anniversary 5Speed.
      3800 V6 (i know its not a 60degree)
      stock for now

--------------------
      1993 Special Edtion/GTP
      3.4 DOHC V6 LQ1 SOLD!
      CHIPED,CAI,EXHAUST 2 1/2 SUMMIT TURBO MUFFLERS & NO CAT,,AC DELCO RAPID FIRE PLUGS,
      180 STAT. FUTURE MODS,50,000v COILS,FFP PULLEY,FFP DOGBONE!
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      VIDEO http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2020589230

Comment

Got the Engine last night. Would've Thursday night but I decided to start drinking around 8PM so I didn't get out of bed until 6PM Friday.

No engine or transmission.

Old transmission

Trusty 3100 /w 176,000 miles /w 110,000 on a rebuild.

Comment

I did a 03 3400 swap into my 96 grand prix a couple of years ago. The only problems I had with the swap were that the motor did not have the oil sensor as you mentioned with yours and I did have to swap cam sensors.

I did run my factory injectors w/ the 3400 fuel pressure regulator. I may switch back to the 3100. But now I think I may have a bad injector

good luck

www.envuscc.com

Comment

Well, luck was good The dealership gave it a clean bill of health last weekend-no codes. The exhaust is a bit cobbled right now but when I have some extra $ next month it'll go to the exhaust shop and everything will be done.

Ken

Comment

Working...
            X